Chapter 5:

*Edited*

~Samantha's P.O.V~

I can't believe him! First, my mom actually forced me to come and stay here. Then. . .Nash does the impossible to get to me. Now. . .I'm going to Magcon. Magcon! What the hell am I going to do over there!? Besides having to face my bullies every day while millions of fans praise them. Is just too much for me. I. Can't. Stand. It. I was crying so hard, I grabbed a pillow, and started screaming on it, burying my face deeper and deeper. Then lying on the bed.

But, suddenly, I stopped. I saw my suitcase and opened it. Grabbed the razor and headed towards the bathroom.

I stared at the sharp object for a while, before slowly burying it in my flesh. I started cutting. It hurt so badly, but I stopped myself every time I wanted to sceam. I just couldn't be heard. I sat on the cold floor, with blood dripping from my wrists.

"This, is for hating me"

"For being weak"

"For not being perfect"

"For the first time we met"

"Everything" I said through every cut.

I stopped, completely frozen. Staring at my bloody arm, I started to regret it, but in a way I felt numb to the pain. The first time I felt the need of actually cutting, I couldn't do it. I just scratched my skin with my nails, and saw it turn red. It was somehow relieving at the moment of doing it. But, I can't help it anymore. . .

Suddenly, I heard a light knock on the door. I started to panic, staring at my surroundings as I tried to come up with an excuse, to mutter a word. But no words came out of my mouth. I was shocked and forzen on my spot. What can I do!? I'm screwed. Someone unlocked the door. I raised my face to see a shocked Hayes. I started crying  even more as I looked at his horrified expression. He bend down to my level and hugged me tightly.

"W–why?" he asked, almost in a whisper. We broke apart and he wiped my tears with his thumb.

"Because. . .Everybody hates me. I'm not even good enough to be friends with your brother, just because for some reason, he hates me. I'm not perfect. I will never be perfect, Hayes. Every day I wonder what life would be if I wasn't here? Sometimes I wish that I could just disappear because is just too hard. I want to give up! I am not beautiful, I am not perfect" I said sobbing into his shirt.

"You are perfect to me" he said hugging me tightly. I smiled and cried. It was good to finally. . .Have a friend that cares for me. "Don't ever say that you're not beautiful, because you're worng. Sam, you're a precious jewel and you should trust that. . .Don't ever let what others say get to you"

We remained that way for a few minutes. Until Hayes broke away and looked at me with those penetrating blue eyes. He reminded me so much to Nash, that I couldn't look at him for more than a minute. My lip kept trembling, and I my breathing started getting heavy.

"Are you okay?" he asked concerned.

"Yeah. . .Is that. . .You, well. . .Remind me so much to Nash. With those pretty eyes of yours" I said shaking. He smiled and helped me up.

"I think you should get stitches" he suggested. I looked at my arm once more and nodded in agreement. He smiled and carefully grabbed me from my waist, and together we walked out of the room.

"Please" I said nervously.

"What?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Please don't tell anyone" I said looking at him.

"How can I not tell anyone? Sorry but, girl. . .You need stitches" he said looking concerned.

"Is just that. . .I don't want problems, I don't need problems"

"You're harming yourself. Sam, this is serious, this can kill you, we need to go to the Hospital right away"

"Hayes, I know!" I said almost in a whisper so people won't listen. "I do have a reason for doing this. It was all thanks to Nash. I always ask myself: Why me!? What did I ever do to him!? He hates me, I know. . .Why though? Is hard to always be in school and have to hold all this pressure on me. . .And always fake a smile. . .Is not that easy" I sighed.

Hayes looked like if he was about to cry, but before he do that. . .I hugged him. I came to love his hugs, they make feel loved and cared. I just met this guy, and I love him. Don't get me wrong. Is not in that way. He's like. . .The younger brother I never had.

"Fine" he sighed. "But someone needs to drive us there".

"Hey, Sam. . .Are you alright?" we heard a voice from behind us. It was Shawn.

"Do you care?" I asked harshly rolling my eyes.

"Actually, from all the boys, after you left. . .I wondered if you were alright. . .Because, I do care for you" he said crossing his arms. I didn't see that coming. . .

"If you do care for me, you wouldn't let them beat me like that" I said getting angrier. I tried not to move because of my arm. Suddenly, Shawn stared at it. He noticed I guess.

"Shit. . .What happened to your arm!?" he said concerned while examining my arm.

"I–I. . ." I stuttered. A good excuse wouldn't come out of my mouth, so I exchanged looks with Hayes begging for help. He understood and talked.

"She, was. . .Putting some things away, she tripped and the lamp fell off, and cut her arm" he said trying to sound calmed. Shawn nodded, but somehow still didn't looked quite convinced. "Anyway, she needs stitches, but we need someone to drive us to the hospital" Hayes sighed.

"I'll take you" Shawn said quickly while reaching for his car keys in his left pocket. I smiled gratefully and we headed to the door.

I looked behind me and stared at Nash in the stairs, giving me a confused look. I shrugged it off and just kept walking.