Ice Skating

Ross' POV

Me and Laura approached the rink, but Laura stopped with a big frown. "Come on Laura." Laura shakes her head. "I just remembered something, I have no idea how to skate." Relief washes through me, I smirked at her. "I'll teach you." I grabbed her hand trying to get her into the rink. She shakes her head stubbornly. "I'm going to fall on my ass." I laugh at her discouragement. "Well I will fall with you, come on Laura." Laura rolls her eyes and grabs my hand reluctantly. She's awkwardly shuffling holding on to the rails of the rink. I wrap my arm around her waist and pry her fingers from the rink walls. She starts hyperventilating trying to keep her balance. She grabs onto the rink again resting. "This isn't working!" She huffs. I shake my head at her and idea coming to mind. "It will just let go of the rink Laura!" Laura stands up straight and cautiously let's go of the railing. I slide behind her putting my hands on her hips. "Ross, you better be trying to help me skate." I roll my eyes and start pushing her. Laura wobbles forward like Bambi. I keep going, knowing she's not going to fall.

It takes her awhile to trust me but she finally lets loose and starts laughing, or in her case snorting. Laura looks back at me smiling at me. 'She's planning something'

Laura's toe pic goes down into the ice bringing her to a stop causing me to crash into her back, making us both fall to the ground laughing loudly. "What was that about?!" Laura gasps from her laughter. "I wanted to see you fall on your ass!" She claps her hands a little, celebrating her victory. I look at the ice floor we're sitting on covered in mushy flakes. I scoop up a handful and threw it in Laura's face. She sits there awhile trying to register what just happened.

"ROSS!" She screams causing a man to freak out and fall. That causes me and Laura to laugh harder.

A big shadow comes over us. I look up to see Rocky standing over us with a smirk.

"Love birds." Rocky skates off as me and Laura get up wobbly. Laura slowly spins in a small circle trying to look behind her.

"Is my butt wet?!" She's still frantically trying to look. I glance down quickly.

"It looks like you peed your pants!" Laura gasps as I wipe some snowflakes off of her back pockets.

"You better keep those hands behind your back mister." My mom glares at me as she skates by. Laura was blushing fiercely. I sigh and take off one of my sweaters and hand it to Laura.

"Tie it around your waist so my mom doesn't think I'm trying to feel you up." Laura shakes her head as she ties the jacket around her small waist. She grabs my hand and tries to shuffle forward. I get in front of her, grabbing both of her hands and start to skate backwards keeping my eyes on Laura.

"You can skate backwards too! Show off." Laura was amazed by this simple little trick. I just smirk at her. I look around a bit, spotting Rydel and Ellington skating together. It's sad watching them be all lovey dovey, they can't do anything about their feelings cause they're still under contract, 'We all are.'

Riker would never allow them to date, even secretly until the contract is over. Riker didn't want me and Laura to date either, but it wasn't in the contract so I wasn't going to deal with his bossy bullshit. He gets out of hand sometimes.

I catch Riker staring at Laura sadly from across the rink. I'm not stupid, I know something big happened between them, but I'm not ready to find out. 'I just got her back.'

Laura looks behind her to see what I was staring at, her eyes land on 'Rydellington' She looks back at me smiling."They're so cute! Would it bother you if they ever got together?" I shake my head and smile at Laura.

"No, I'm so used to seeing Ratliff around, that its never going to make a difference if he's around for Rydel, romantically." Laura smiles up at me smiling until her eyes focus on something behind me. Her smile drops.

"ROSS!" Something hits my back causing me to fall to the ground and bang my head on the marble floor. It's cold at first but then warmth spreads around me. I look up to see Laura screaming at something on the other side of me, but I was too lazy to look. The last sight I seem before going into darkness was of Laura being pulled away by Riker, and the sounds of sirens and her screams mixing.