Parties & Proposals

Laura's POV

"I missed home!" I ran into mine and Ross' room a leaped towards the bed.

"You're such a dork." Ross said as he put our luggage by the door. I rolled around on the bed until I got tangled in the blankets.

"Don't forget to go get Pocket from Rydel!" I yelled from under the blankets.

" Shit, I knew I was forgetting something. Do you want to come with?" I shook my head and snuggled further into the covers. "Okay, I will be back with our little monster soon." I laughed at our common nickname for Pocket.

•••
Ross' POV

"I don't think Pocket likes people." Rydel rubs at her arm that have visible little scratches.

"Yeah, he's a grumpy little thing. But I would hate the world too if my legs couldn't function properly. " I watched Pocket limp around me, he's getting worse.

"So, how was the heart of America?" Rydel sat on the arm of her couch.

"Well, I have received a gift of sorts from Ellen." I looked down at my feet shyly.

"A gift? What kind of gift?" I reached into my pocket and handed her the felt box.

"Open it." Rydel looked at me for a moment before opening it.

"Holy shit Tiffany's! This- Wait is this an engagement ring?" I nodded my head blushing. I don't know why I'm getting flustered all the sudden but I am.  Rydel put her hand to her mouth, and tears started forming. "I'm really happy for you two." She pulls me in for a hug and laughs a little.

"Well, I haven't proposed yet. I might need your help." Rydel smiled widely at me.

"Anything, you got it." She said.

"Well, how about a surprise party?"

"I think that'd be perfect." Rydel gave me a look that means she wants to say something she shouldn't.

" What? What is it?" She bit her lip and grabbed one of her many pillows.

"Well, dad and the boys have been talking a lot... and they've been thinking about a reunion tour." I frowned slightly.

"Like, a world tour?" Rydel nodded her head.

"You know, we'd be nothing without the lead singer, and I'm sure you and Rocky and Riker could bond over music and everything." I looked towards the ground in question.

" But, I'm starting my life, my life with Laura. I-I don't know if I could leave her again." Rydel nods.

"Its only five months, and if you guys were engaged I'm pretty sure she'd feel more secure that you're coming home." I nodded, but still looking at the ground deep in thought.

" I'll do it." Rydel jumped up and squealed.

"We're getting the band back together! Oh, I've got to call Ell!"

"Don't tell him about the proposal! Only you and her mother know!"

•••
The day of the party...
Rydel set the whole party up on the rooftop. They rented a bunch of classy tables and chairs, and twinkle lights are strung across the whole place.
Laura's mom had flown down, and Vanessa was given permission to come down for the occasion. Nobody knew exactly why a party was happening ((with the exception of Rydel and Ellen)) but they new something big was going to happen.
NO ONES POV