Dancing in the Purple Rain

((Not the original song bc Prince is an ass hole who won't release the purple rain sound track.)) •AND I GOT A WATTPAD HOODIE•
Ross' POV

"Get up! Get up! You have to get ready!" I hit sleeping Laura with my pillow making her grumble.

"Why?" She whined and lifted her head to look at me but hit her with another pillow making her crash head back into the pillows.

"Because we're going antique shopping." Laura rolled over my side and threw the blankets off.

"Dress me." She spread her arms out on the bed acting like a doll.

"Yes your highness." I went over to her suitcase to see that she filled this thing to the brim with clothes.

"Why do you have so much shit?" I looked back at her to see her shrug a bit.

"I need options." I went back to her suitcase and pulled out a grey long sleeve v-neck, and her denim skinny jeans. When I get up I almost dropped the clothing at the sight of Laura just laying there in her bra and underwear. I reassembled my thoughts and went towards her. I touched her hip bone making her jump.

"Jeeze your hands are cold!" I lifted her up to where she was sitting up and put her shirt on her. "I feel like a child." I laughed and ruffled her hair.

"You act like one too." I push her down so she's back on her back and grab the skinny jeans and got them up to her knees. Then I lifted her out of the bed and stood behind her and hooked my fingers in the belt loop. It was difficult trying to get them past her thighs.

"Come on jump."

"I'm tying!"

"Push harder!"

"Ahh!" We both started to laugh once I button them for her.
Ellen's POV
"Come on jump!"
"I'm tying!"
" Push harder!"
"Ahh!"

"Oh my." I shook my head and walked back into the living room, trying to fight a smile.
•••
Laura's POV
"Look at these records!" Ross ran towards the record store like a child.

We decided last minute not to go antique shopping, but instead look for vintage records.

"Is he always so hyper?" My mother looked at him incredulously. I laughed and followed him in.

"Only when he's someplace new, or has had plenty of rest." My mother started to laugh hardly.

"I'm sure he's resting fine." She started to laugh harder.

"Laura, they have Oasis." I smiled because Wonderwall was the song I sang to him in the hospital.

" Oh! They have Black Sabbath over here!" My mom grabbed the record and looked at it from afar.

"Mom, I don't think you'd like Metallica." My mom rolls her eyes.

"Me and your father used to listen to rock all the time." She tucked the record under her arm for purchase.

" Can we play this?" Ross handed a record to the clerk he turned to put it in a modern looking record player. We all waited in silence to hear what Ross has chosen. Hearing the first few cords I knew exactly who it was.
♪I never meant to cause you any sorrow.
I never meant to cause you any pain.♪

Ross was badly mouthing the words and acting like he was playing the guitar. He then pulled me forward by my hand and spun me in a circle. I was so unprepared for dancing that I almost tripped. Ross laughed and led us into a simple slow dance.

Purple rain
Purple rain♪

He then dipped me but I screamed at the sudden movement making my mother laugh. I look at her with tears in her eyes as she continued to laugh with her eyes closed. The music cut off but my mother continued on more tears flowing. It quickly turned to sobbing as she opened her eyes and looked directly into mine. Before I know it her eyes are rolling back and her legs give out.

"Shit!" Ross lunged forward and softened her fall. He shook her limp body but she didn't arouse.

He presses his ear against her chest. And exhaled in relief.

"She's still breathing." I sighed too and shook my head.

"She's been under a lot of stress, this happened when I was younger a lot." I stroked my mother's cheek and felt at her forehead.

"Do we need to take her to the hospital?" I shook my head again.

"No, can you carry her to her car?" Ross nodded his head and hefted my mother up. I wrapped her scarf tighter around her neck because the bitter wind will bite at her warm skin.

I sat in the backseat with my mother's head in my lap and I stroked her head. I looked up to see Ross looking at me with concern through the review mirror.

I looked back down at my mother and wondered.
Am I causing her stress?
•••••••••••••
Double update