Her name is Cameron

Ross' POV
I pushed the door bell and heard the ding-dong echo on his house. I hear rushed foot steps then the door clicks a few times then opens slightly, still locked by a chain. I glance through the crack to see Calum's green eyes peering back at me. The door slams in my face loudly, I thought it was going to be like in the movies where they close it to unlock it then open the door again, but that didn't happen. It took my five minutes to understand that Calum wasn't coming back. I look down at my converse a bit. What did I expect? That he was just going to run at me and put us into those slow motion hugs?
I never understood me and Calum's friendship, he's at least seven years older than me making him 36 right now. We used to message everyday but after I moved I only texted him monthly or even worse yearly, nine years has past, three days after the reunion of Austin&Ally will make it ten, wow, I would even slam a door in my face for that.
"Are you going to leave, or nod you head and make hand gestures all day, cause that conversation in your head can happen elsewhere." An intercom by the doorbell says.
"Calum please just talk to me." The door opens all the way to reveal a very tall Calum in a business suit and a Bluetooth in his ear. He grabs my arm and yanks me into his house. He doesn't let go of my arm until we reach an office. It has one wall that's all glass showing the beach outside his desk is all glass with a giant Mac sitting on it, his walls have pictures of a red headed little girl. Wait, she looks exactly like Calum, did he have a kid when I left? Calum clears his throat bringing my attention to him.
"Her name is Cameron." I look back at the picture nodding my head.
"Where is she?" Calum looks at the Newton cradle on his desk before answering.
"With her mother, in Florida." I look into Calum's eyes.
"You miss her?" His eyes start to water at my question.
"After me and Amy divorced, we promised that we would never make Cameron pick sides. We worked out a schedule, I got her 3 days and Amy got her 4 days. One day I had a meeting at work that wasn't supposed to be that long, but it was, I was 30 minutes late picking Cameron up from school. Amy got full custody of Cameron just because of my one mistake, I cannot see my own child unless if Amy is there. And do you know how angry that makes me? The monster that won't let me see my own child has to be in the room, she took Cameron, she took her 3,000 miles away from me Ross." Calum was full on bawling. I did the only thing I could.
I brought Calum's hands from his face and wiped his tears off. Then I pulled him in for a hug.
"I'm sorry, I should have been there." Calum pulls away.
"But you weren't, you jackass! You left me and Raini and Riker to try and console Laura who wouldn't even talk for weeks! It took her a year and a half to begin feeling again but then Raini went apeshit, then two years later Riker and Laura couldn't even stand in the same room, and while all of this was happening I got my whole world ripped from my hands and taken to Florida. I 'needed' you Ross." I look at the ground for awhile, the anger starts building up.
"Why can't you guys understand that it was hard on me too? If I wouldn't have went on tour my family would have missed out on touring." Calum rolls his eyes.
"Why did you move to New York then?" I look at the ground. I never told anyone why I went. I couldn't, it was far to personal.
"Look I just came over to see if we were okay, because Laura still beats her self up for what happened between her and Raini." Calum's head snaps up.
"Wait Laura's actually speaking with you?" I nodded my head and he continued speaking. "No offense but, that's absolute bullshit." I smirk at Calum.
"I know I don't deserve her forgiveness, but she has forgiven me for my wrongs, and I her." Calum scoffs and fold his arms across his chest, then looks to the wall clock.
"Look, You have to go I have a business meeting in 20 minutes." Just as I'm out the door I turn and speak.
"What do you do anyways?" He smiles widely before answering.
"I own this building a man is renting for a strip club, then I own two more buildings one being an apartment complex and the other a gym." Calum does a slight wave before shutting the door. 'He basically owns a strip club? And he has a kid!' I walk to my car slightly dazed with the new information I've received. I check the time, it's 6:53. I pull out of the drive way with one thought on my mind.
'Laura'.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
COSS,COSSCOSSCOSSCOSSCOSS
Finally! I had that chapter saved up ever since the 3rd chapter of this story, I just never knew where to put it at, I think it fits perfectly. Anyways.
Vote, comment, follow. (@cossiscute)
Love,
Aliah💋