"Stop leaving."

I put my dads music video... he's a rapper

Laura'sPOV

"Laura? Laura! Hey snap out of it!" I blinked my eyes rapidly a couple of times and looked at Vanessa.

"Huh? I'm sorry I kinda drifted off there didn't I?" Vanessa rolls her eyes and takes a big bite of the pizza I bought her. She's gained a lot of weight. I talked to her doctor about it, but he said it was just stress weight. She replaces her urge with eating... a lot.

My big sis. I've always looked up to her. The news that she was going to rehabilitation for drugs shocked me. I didn't even know she was involved with stuff like that. I'm afraid to talk with her about it because I'm not sure where I stand in this whole situation.

"Can I ask you something?" I focus all of my attention on Vanessa and nod my head. "Does my advice ever help?" My brows furrow as I think.

"I think it has helped me a lot. Why?" Vanessa shrugged her shoulders and wiped her greasy hands on her pants.

"I just feel like you shouldn't be taking advice from an addict." My eyes widen as she nonchalantly states her condition.

"I'm not going to stop listening to you just because of this." I wave my hand up and gesture to her room. She laughs and shakes her head.

"But Laura, you've already stopped listening to me." She drops her unfinished pizza onto her paper plate and keeps her head down.

"What do you mean?" She looks back up at me and smiles a bit but it doesn't reach her eyes.

"Have you ever once asked me how my therapy sessions are going? Or if my treatments have been working? You stopped listening, but you kept asking." She got up off the bed and tossed her pizza away. Vanessa turned back to me and sighed. "You should probably go, my warden is going to do a room check." I nodded my head still in shock from her truth.

Ineedadrink. Orfour.

I ran a hand through my hair and got into my car and drove towards the nearest sports bar, because hot wings and beer solve everything.

the drunken monkey just felt like the place I needed to be. I know at most times I'm usually, well like a baby elephant, but I just got my tusks.

Damn worst metaphor ever.

The bar was really jumping. I look to the television to see the Denver Nuggets and the Celtics. I rolled my eyes because it obvious who's going to win. I literally climbed up on a bar stool, my feet were dangling, it's going to hurt when i have to jump down.

"What can I get you?" A lady with bangs approached me with a note pad.

"Can I get a Heineken and some mild Buffalo wings?" She jotted it down and left. I looked up at he screen to see the Nuggets just scored. All the men in the room either hollered or booed.

"Who are you going for?" I turn to my left to see a man about my age with some serious green eyes.

"Well, the Nuggets of course, I can't really see the Celtics winning tonight look at the score, its 24 to 12. The guy just nods his head as he gets lost in the game. I rolled my eyes.
so much for conversion.

" Here you go sweetie." The Raven haired lady sat my plate down. " I'm gonna have to ID you for the beer." It was an ego booster to hear you don't look old enough to legally drink. She looked at it for awhile before gasping. She looked back up at me then to the card, then back up at me. "Laura Marano? Oh my, I didn't know I was in the presence of a celebrity! Would you mind signing something?" She started flipping pages in her note pad trying to find a blank one. She finally set the notepad down and plotted her pen on top. She smiled at me like a child waiting. I sighed and signed it quickly, then ripped my ID out of her hand.