3 weeks

Ross' POV

The color green can be so fucking annoying. Like I swear its just so obnoxious with its brightness. Damn, you know what else is annoying? Dr.Vada. who the fuck do she think she is? My mom? Hell no! If I want to drink myself into oblivion I will! If I want to call Laura, I will! And her and anybody else can't fucking stop me.

I reached for my phone and lazily scrolled though my contacts pressing Laura Dawsonand swinging the phone to my ear.

One ring.

Two rings.

Three rings, and we have an answer!

"Ross? Why are you calling at 3 am?" God I fucking love her tired voice.

"Why is green so fucking annoying?"

"Huh? Ross, are you drunk?" I laugh into the phone.

"And High!" I hear shuffling on the other end.

"A-are you okay?"

"What do you think?" I grab the bottle of Vodka and take a swig.

"Why are you drinking? What's wrong?"I hung my head down as I swallowed the fire.

"Well a lot of things are wrong. For instance, you're not here with me." I hear Laura gasp on the other end.

"Ross, you really need to go to bed." I put my head in my hand sadness washing over me.

"No Laura, I need you. Please just talk to me, I miss hearing your voice, and tasting your lips and touching your glorious brown hair." I wiped a tear off my cheek awaiting her rejection.

"The color green really is annoying."

•••

Laura'sPOV

"What's my favorite flavor of ice cream?" I laughed for what felt like the hundredth time. Me and Ross have been talking for almost 6 hours now. He sobered up around an hour ago and now he's half awake fighting sleep just to speak with little ole me.

"Well you're not picky, but you really like orange sorbet." I hear him laughing on the other end.

"What don't you know about me?" I bit my lip and cuddled into my blankets.

"What's your pin number?" Ross starts laughing like I've told the most hilarious joke in the entire universe. I could listen to it for an eternity and never get tired of it.

"Hey Laura?"

"Hmm?"

"What do you think about marriage?" My droopy eyes instantly snapped open. I gripped my phone tighter in my hand.

"I-I think its a big step."

"Is it a step you're willing to take?" My mouth feels like cotton.

"Ross, are you proposing?" I can hear his breathing on the other end clearly.
"No, just wanted to know for the future." His voice drags off and his breathing gets heavier then the first snore escapes from him. I shook my head, trying to reassemble my jumbled thoughts. I sighed and laughed a little.

"Goodnight Ross, I love you." I waited a couple of seconds just in case if by some miracle he had heard me and responded back with I love you too.

But we create our own heartbreaks through expectation

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•
Ugh. I am like so brain dead because school starts on the 18th.
So... I have a question...
How would you guys feel if I made a raura fanfic where they were in the Purge??? Like Laura would totally save Ross and they'd avoid death... JUST AN IDEA... MIGHT BE COMING THOUGH...
Oh and THANK YOU GUYS SOOO MUCH FOR READING I REACHED LIKE 800 VOTES!!! THATS WHY I KINDA RUSHED THIS UPDATE SORRY IF IT WASN'T AS LONG AS IT USUALLY WAS BUTT XD AFTER EVERY SMALL CHAPTER COMES MORE DRAMA..... that's all I'm saying xD ANYWHO
Vote, comment, follow (@cossiscute twitter and instagram)
love,
Aliah♥