Talk to me.

@Ellicat wrote a Raura story called "Can You Zip Me Up?" and I loved the fluffy ness within it ^_^ so if fluff is your jazz I strongly recommend it!  -Aliah ♥

Laura'sPOV

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ

I looked over at my phone on the piano bench and rolled my eyes.

Its Riker.

" Who's that?" Ross looked up from the acoustic guitar he was plucking.

" I-It was Raini." Ross furrowed his eyebrows.

" Don't lie to me." My heart faltered at how sad he sounded.

"Your brother Riker." I nervously looked up at Ross to see him freeze at my words. I was mentally cussing Riker out in my head for disrupting mine and Ross' writing session. Ross nodded his head slowly then recomposed himself.

"Why is he calling?" He tried to sound nonchalant and uninterested, but I could see this conversation is bothering him.

"He must've heard that you're back a-and wanted to talk or something? I-I honestly don't know." Ross rolled his eyes and sat the guitar down.

"Why do you keep lying? Its just me." My brows furrowed.

"I-I just don't want more drama, I had a panic attack in the shower last night from all of this stress." I hit a note on the piano. Ross' eyes widened.

"That's what that noise was? I thought you tried dancing in the shower again." I grimaced at the embarrassing memory. It was at least a year into our relationship, I really liked this new song so I sang and danced while in the shower causing me to slip and get wrapped in the shower curtain. After that the song would come up every now and then and Ross would burst out laughing.

" I think you and Riker should talk though." I said quietly. Ross shook his head slowly.

"I don't think that's a good idea, I just beat my other brother in a pool not even six days ago." Ross out his head in his hands. I crawled over to the bench he was sitting on and pried his hands away from his face.

" But what if it helps to talk to-"

"But what if it doesn't?" He inturups me. I intertwined our fingers and shrugged. "Why would I talk to him, if we haven't truly spoken yet?" I nodded my head because I know he's right, I just don't want to talk about it anymore.

" Laura. Talk to me." Ross lifted my chin up with the hand I wasn't holding. I can feel my eyes starting to prickle. My lips began to tremble and my sight got blurry.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. I blinked away some tears, but it was no use, I was already a sobbing mess.

"Talk, tell me how you feel?" Ross presses on. He tried to wipe my tears away but I pushed his hand away softly.

"I-I lost myself after you left, when you left it was as if you grabbed the edges tablecloth with the finest of chinas and slowly dragged it with you. Everything shattered and I hurt myself trying to pick up the pieces." Ross was about to say something but I put my index finger on his lips.

"My father was the first mishap. He went to go get flowers for my mother, but he had a heart attack while driving and crashed into a ditch. The doctors said he lived for about thirty minutes after the crash, and I can't stop thinking about how much pain he was in for those thirty minutes, or if I ever crossed his mind." My speech was shaky, but I knew if I didn't say these things now I won't get to say it again.

" Someone once told me about how humans are selfish when mourning. Because you are crying over you're loss and you're not celebrating their passing over into eternal life. Because of what that person said, I didn't cry until three weeks after his death." I looked up at Ross' eyes that we're glossy from holding back tears.

"My mom was long gone after the funeral, she hasn't contacted me in any way, but I guess people have their way if coping with things, I mean I can't think what it'd be like to lose your soulmate." I shook my head because I've began to ramble, Ross noticed and gave me a small smile.

"I got a call a year later from the hospital that Vanessa had over dosed on some pain killer pill. S-She had to get her stomach pumped. When I saw her afterwards I almost screamed. What I saw wasn't my sister, whatever that thing was that took over my sister was there and it was staring me directly in the eyes." Ross finally cleared his throat.

"Why did she have the pills?" He asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Like I said, people have their own way of coping with things." My eyes started to water for the next topic I needed to speak my feelings aloud about.

"I've only thought about suicide once throughout every single new problem, the last straw was the miscarriage. I've held that child in my womb for almost for months, I could tell when it was scared, happy, tired or hungry. I have formed a bond I never thought possible, that baby was something I'd kill for, it was mine, then it simply wasn't." I looked towards lap like a failure and wiped my runny nose.

"It never got a chance at life because my body was just incapable of housing it, I had failed at being a mother, so two months after I lost the baby, I sat up on the ledge of that roof and apologized to that baby I had lost." Ross was wiping at his face as he listened intensely.

" I was so close to jumping, I was going to record a goodbye on my new IPhone, but Siri said "Play Austin&Ally turn it up sound track?" I didn't know how to work the damned thing, I came so close to throwing it off the roof to get away from the noise, but just hearing the sound of your voice made me have the biggest breakdown of my life." I finish off with a trembling voice and aching eyes.

"I love you,Laura." I started to cry more because he knew exactly what I needed.

"I love you too, Ross." He pulled me in for a hug knocking the guitar to the floor. I cried into Ross because he was actually here, he was here pulling me closer and closer towards him as I was trying to do the same.
I have experienced highs and lows, but when low is described as Hell, he surely was my angel from heaven.
••••••••••••••••
50k50k50k50k50k50k!!!!
I know this is long overdue so is my homework... But its getting hard to keep track of stories...
I really appreciate you guys not biting my head off.
Question: what grade are y'all in?
Vote, comment, follow
love,
Aliah <5