[2] - New Friends

*Beep Beep Beep*

Ahh, the beautiful sound of the alarm clock.

I grunted and threw my pillow over my head to block out the noise, but it didn't work out. I realised I had school today, and scrambled off my bed, stumping my foot on my bed.

"Dammit!" I screamed, hopping around my room, holding my foot.

I sighed and rubbed my temples, and remembered to have a shower. I unhooked my phone from the charger and took it with me to the bathroom so I could blast some music.

I logged into Spotify and played a random playlist. "Shape of You" started to play and I started to sing a long. I slipped out of my clothes and heated the shower. I hopped in almost immediately and washed myself, trying not to be late.

I soon got out and wrapped myself with my towel. I went to my closet and looked around for something to wear. I picked out a white crop top along with some white ripped jeans. I slid into some grey sneakers.

I looked at myself in the mirror and decided to straighten my hair, letting it fall against my back.

I quickly grabbed a grey coat from the hook in my room and slid into it.

Satisfied with how I looked, I then brushed my teeth and gargled mouthwash.

I smiled to myself and made my way towards my bedroom door, and grabbed my handbag. I skipped down the stairs and walked to the kitchen, where I was greeted by my brother.

"They've already left." he said, between mouthfuls of cereal.

I expected this. Of course, my parents are never really around much except for weekends, so they make sure to spend as much time with us as possible.

"And Maya?" I looked at him funny, he was such a pig.

"They took her already." this time, he spat all over the counter.

I furrowed my eyebrows and scolded his dirtiness and forced him to clean up his mess, which he did. I chuckled to myself as I watched him.

I walked to the fridge and looked for anything I could eat whilst I waited for Dylan. I skimmed the fridge and my eyes landed on the strawberries.

I remembered the boy, and how weird he was. He didn't smile once.

I hesitantly grabbed a strawberry and took one out. I rinsed it with water and ate it. Damn, I really love strawberries.

I sat up on the counter, next to where Dylan was sitting.

I probably had 2 more before Dylan said he was ready to leave. I got up off the counter and followed Dylan out the door. I pulled my phone from my back pocket and read any notifications.

I had texts from my old friends, telling me how much they missed me. I tried not to think about it too much, it would make me feel home sick.

I slid in the car next to Dylan and he started the engine.

I sneakily crept my hand and grabbed the aux cord before he could.

"No!" he whined, smacking his head.

"What should it be," I teased, "Justin Bieber or Shawn Mendes?"

"Neither!" he yelled.

I giggled and decided to play something by The Weeknd, since it was the first day and I didn't want a cranky Dylan.

His frown turned into a smile as he drove off.

***

We pulled into the school parking lot - which was filled with cars and people - and I could already feel the stares. We found a free car space and parked.

Immediately, my brother had seen someone he knew, since they ran up to our car. Of course, he would. My brother literally knows everyone.

He got out the car and greeted the boy, while I stayed a bit longer and applied some chapstick. I got out and heard my name.

"Elena," Dylan called out, "come here."

I turned around and forced a smile as I made my way to them. I remembered the boy from yesterday, at the shops. He was the one that called out for the guy that gave me strawberries.

"Hi." I nodded, he seemed to remember me too. He gave me a funny look.

"Hey.." he finally spoke up with a slight smile.

I checked the time, and I was running late. I was told to go to the office at a certain time.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I better get going." I pointed to the big school building.

"Well," he held out his hand, "I'm Grayson."

I half smiled and shook his hand, "Elena."

He smiled once again and I walked off, into the big building. I could feel peoples eyes burning into my skin but I ignored it to the best of my ability. I was looking at this map I had printed from online and accidently bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" a squeaky voice exclaimed.

"It was my fault, I'm sorry." I shook my head, picking up my bag.

I looked up at the girl. She seemed nice.

"Madison," she held out her hand, "are you new here?" she smiled.

"Is it that obvious?" I chuckled, "Elena." I shook her hand.

"Where are you heading?" she gripped her books.

"The office?" I asked more as a question.

She nodded and signalled me to follow her, so I did.

Soon we arrived in a very studious environment that was surely the office. I walked up to the front desk with Madison and we asked for assistance.

"Hi, excuse me," I started, grabbing the attention of someone.

"Hello, dear." she smiled nicely.

"It's my first day and I'm not sure where I need to be." I handed her my transcripts.

We organised a few things, until the bell went.

"I have to get going, I'll see you at lunch!" she surprisingly gave me a hug before she left.

I reverted my attention back to the office lady. She handed me my schedule and my locker combination. I quickly thanked her and as I was about to open the door, it had opened and revealed Dylan.

I shook my head and laughed, and left to go to my locker.

I found my locker and inserted all my belongings. I had 3 minutes to get to homeroom. I would hate to get a late reputation on my first day.

-