[20] - Lipsticks

My eyes flutter open as I hear the screeching sounds of my alarm clock, blasting throughout my room. I groan I flip over onto my side, reaching out to shut it off.

I slowly sit up, stretching with a yawn, and pull the blankets off me. I glance at the time and see that I have a little over an hour to get dressed. I got up and walked into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Yeesh," I said under my breath. I smelt my arms and scrunched up my nose, "I really do smell like ocean water."

I quickly hopped into the shower, not wasting anytime. I jam along to the music I started playing - The Weeknd 'In the Night' - but quickly get out of the shower when I'm done.

I decided to wear a black and white striped dress that cut off a little over my mid thigh, and slipped into some white sneakers. I walked over to my vanity after I brushed my teeth and applied minimal makeup.

I already had naturally long and dark eyelashes so I never really needed mascara. My skin was pretty clear because I drink water like every second. My lips were naturally plump and pink, so unless I was going for a bitchy I-will-steal-your-man look, then yeah, maybe some red.

I pulled my dark brown hair together and formed two braids. Satisfied with the outcome I quickly checked myself out in the mirror.

The dress was snug and sat nicely on my curves, enhancing them.

I quickly grabbed a jacket and my bag, and rushed downstairs.

"Morning," Dylan called out from the kitchen. Seems he had just finished a smoothie.

"You didn't make me one?" I pout as I cover myself with a jacket.

Before he could answer, I felt my phone vibrate and I took it out, expecting it to be Ethan telling me he's on his way.

-
Madison:
tell Ethan you're coming with me this morning
I have to talk to you

Elena:
u alright?
ill text him now

Madison:
be there in 3

-
I frowned for two reasons.

One, Madison was obviously upset about something and seeing my best friend upset isn't something I like to see.

Two, I was looking forward to seeing Ethan this morning, but I guess I could get over it... maybe.

-
Elena:
hey sorry change of plans
mads is getting me this morning

Ethan:
damn i really wanted to see u
everything ok

Elena:
you'll see me at school dumbass
and yeah just girly things

-
I rolled my eyes playfully as I shove my phone back into my bag.

"Aw, did Ethan text you," Dylan teased as he grabbed his keys.

"Shut up," I said, before I grabbed my bag.

I see Madison pull up and I quickly say goodbye to Dylan. I walked out and slowly make my way to her car but she tells me to hurry.

I jog to her car and quickly climb in, shutting the door.

"Elena!" Madison looks distraught.