[55] - What If?

Apparently I was a lot more tired than I thought I was.

I woke up to find myself in my bedroom, yet the last time I remember was falling asleep on the couch when I arrived back home. I just figured Dylan came home to find me asleep, and brought me upstairs. I lazily moped out of bed, and checked the time.

"Oh no," I mumbled as I read the time. I had 10 minutes to get ready... 10!

I decided to just accept my fate. I'm going to be late. Will I get a detention? Maybe. Do I really care? Nope.

I had possibly the fastest shower, maybe even record time. I can't get to school stanky.

Having no energy to out something together that would be remotely cute, I decided on just some tight black skinny jeans, a black top with some random design on it (Liam actually gave it to me, since it was one of his, I only wear it because it has cool colors), and some white Nike's. I couldn't bother with my hair today, so I decided to just hide it all away with an orange beanie, which contrasted with the shirt.

I sighed in the mirror, but what can we really do? I had 5 minutes to get to school and-

I have no ride. Of course, Dylan would've already left. Everyone else would be at school already. This is, going great. I grunted in annoyance, why couldn't my parents let me get my own car?

I shoved my keys into my pocket and slung my bag over my shoulder. I slipped my phone comfortably into my hand as I walked to my front door, debating on whether I should even go today.

I mean, I wouldn't miss much. Right?

Just as I swung my door open, I was extremely startled to see Ethan on my doorstep, getting ready to knock.

"Ethan?" I asked, rubbing my eyes. I know I'm tired, but I'm not delusional, am I?

"I saw you weren't at school," he pointed behind him, off into the distance, "so I figured you were still here. I'm surprised you're awake, I was getting ready to be your alarm clock." He chuckled.

"Well? What are we waiting for?" I smirked, and walked past him, towards his car.

"Thanks for not forgetting about me!" I called out to Ethan, who still stood on my doorstep, before I shut the car door with myself inside.

***

Yep, definitely didn't miss coming to school. Not only did I not miss the classes, nor teachers, but I definitely didn't miss the gossip and drama that went on when the teachers turned their backs. But, it's almost my last year and I'll be out of here.

During home room we received "new" timetables, however mine was just the same. Same boring classes, same boring teachers, same boring students.

However I'm still grateful for school, because if I hadn't gone, I never would've been here right now with Ethan. So in a way, thank you.

"Miss Salgado, can you please hang back for a second?" My homeroom teacher called out as the bell rung. I saw Ethan glance at me, but I gave him an assuring look, which let him head to class.

"Yes, sir?" I asked, approaching his desk.

"Principal Fennell wanted me to personally pass this onto you," he got up off his chair and handed me an envelope. I gave him a confused look, and he nodded at me to open it.

I slid my finger through, tearing it open, and unfolded the paper. I quickly skimmed through the first few sentences, and I realised what this was.