[67] - Don't Tell

I growled under my breath when I got up and walked over to the calendar. I drew a large love heart around todays date, and crossed out the day before as I'd forgotten to yesterday.

March 5th.

Time just keeps speeding up. I used to wish time would slow down. I wish I could've enjoyed every moment back then, instead of having to worry about the future. I wish I could do that now. Instead, I'm counting down the days until the worst day of my life.

April 20th. The day I move to New York.

That's right. After countless discussions, multiple tears and, not going to lie, a few arguments, we concluded the suggestion. We really were going to move. We contacted Stacy a little over 2 weeks ago when the question popped into my mother's head. We told her about the idea, and she was very enthusiastic. She immediately went out looking for properties we could move into.

You're probably wondering how everyone, my friends and other family, have taken the news? Easy answer.

I haven't told anyone yet.

I know. I know. I can't just disappear out of thin air, especially leaving my boyfriend behind. I'm... working around it, okay? It's really hard to work this shit out. Ethan might break up with me. I know he'll be super mad, and he'll probably get more mad each day that goes by I don't tell him. 

I don't know what I should do.

Hopefully tonight I can let loose. It's Madison's 18th birthday today, and she's having a big party tonight to celebrate. Just for one night, I hope I can forget about it. All of it. Because there hasn't been a day where I haven't had to worry.

I quickly got ready for the day, I was going to meet everyone at a cafe for brunch. I swung my bag over my shoulder and stepped down the stairs. 

"Hey, mom," I popped my head into the kitchen, "you'll be alright to sort everything today?"

She nodded, her head turning around to see me. She does look more vibrant, I gotta give it to her, "I've done this plenty of times before, right?"

Right. The Salgado family. Never being able to finally settle down in one place for too long. Always on the move. That's how it's always been, how could I have been silly enough to think we could stay? Luckily, though, mom's branch of work allows her to move to New York. 

"I'll see you later," I called out as I walked out of the house.

I pulled my key out of my pocket and unlocked the car doors.

My mom also bought me a car. It was kind of a 'thank you' present, but also an 'I'm sorry' present. She sold her old car to help buy this one, as she now uses my dad's car. She bought me a BMW f30, the most beautiful dark grey color I'd ever seen. Sure, I felt bad, but it was also probably going to last me a while. I was very satisfied with the purchase, so I won't be changing soon.

I sat in my car, engulfing the still-fresh and new smell. I was so content. I started the car, carefully reversing out of my drive way. In a way, having a car has definitely made me more independent. I don't really rely on anyone to drive me places anymore. It feels... good.

I drove to the cafe we agreed to meet at and immediately spotted Grayson's car. I parked beside it, so smoothly. I got out, ensuring I locked the car doors before I entered the facility.