[3] - Where It All Began

I reached the door to my homeroom and walked in. The teacher hadn't arrived yet, and everyone was being really loud. My eyes skimmed the room as a few eyes met mine.

I recognised someone from the front row, it was the strawberries boy. He slowly stopped laughing with his friends once he saw me and he watched my enter the room with amusement.

After staring at him - for what felt like forever - I looked away and saw a spot up the back, next to a girl reading.

A few of his friends had their feet up blocking my way, so I held up my hands and they moved.

They whistled a bit, which made me chuckle at this childishness. I looked back at them, and he had smacked them on the head, which made them stop.

I sat down in my seat and the girl looked up.

"Hey," she smiled, placing her bookmark in her book, "are you new here?"

"Yeah, I am." I shrugged, half smiling.

We spoke for a bit and I found out I had her 4th and 6th period. Soon, the bell had gone and the teacher had entered. I couldn't help but notice the boy kept looking back at me.

What was his problem?

The teacher started speaking, and he continued looking back at me.

Finally, the bell had rang and everyone rushed out. The girl who I sat next to - Lucy - waited for me to grab my things. We walked out together, but her locker was in a different place to mine, so we split ways.

As I walked to locker, I heard someone trail behind me. I ignored it, and continued walking to my locker. When I reached it, I turned around and saw Grayson.

"Stalking me?" I teased, as I opened my locker.

"Hey, you're the one that's new here. You could be stalking me for all I know." he smirked, leaning against the locker next to me.

I chuckled and looked at him, realising then how much better looking he is than I thought.

"I can assure you, I'm not stalking you." I smiled, shutting my locker.

"How can I be stalking you, if I just got your name?" he raised an eyebrow.

I chuckled, walking to my next class.

I continued to hear his footsteps behind me.

He glanced at my books.

"AP Math," he raised his eyebrow, "you're definitely stalking me."

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow, "How so?"

He pulled out his book from out of thin air and it read 'AP Math.'

"This doesn't look good for me doesn't it?" I laughed.

It felt good to laugh again. Moving away from my friends and family had really bummed me out but this is exactly what I need. A good friend, able to make me laugh.

We walked to our class in a comfortable silence. He opened the door for me and I entered. He trailed behind me. I found an empty desk, and he sat next to me.

"You were at the store yesterday, weren't you?" he started tapping his pen.

I nodded silently.

He mumbled something under his breath.

I shrugged and opened my textbook as the teacher entered. He immediately started writing on the board, he hadn't even introduced himself yet. He placed his marker down and looked around the room. His eyes landed on me and he nodded. Everyone turned to look at me.

Great.

***

Grayson walked me back to my locker, turned out we had a lot of classes together. We were getting ready to go to lunch, when a brunette came rushing over to us. It was Madison.

"Hey, Grayson," she had just noticed he was there, "I'll take her from here." she somewhat blushes.

"I'll see you both at lunch?" he asked, only looking at Madison.

I raised an eyebrow at their connection. It was so adorable.

They said their goodbyes and Madison watched as he walked off.

She turned back around to face me and I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" she blushed, shrugging.

"Let's just get to lunch." I chuckled, following her to the cafeteria.

It wasn't too empty, nor was it too full. There's so many students that attend here that they split their lunches into different groups, so the cafeteria doesn't overflow.

Madison leads me to a table, further away from the other ones. Almost as soon as we sit down, two more girls join us. I recognised Lucy.

"Elena!" she smiles.

"You've met?" Madison smiled.

We both nod our heads. I looked at the other girl that sat down, she had long, curly black hair.

"Sasha, nice to meet you." she smiled, with a small wave.

"Elena." I smiled back.

We spoke for a bit, when I felt the need to turn around. So I did. And I saw him, standing across the room. Staring at me, again.

He was with Grayson and two other boys I've seen somewhere. Grayson spotted our table and made his way over. I quickly nudged Madison, and she began blushing.

"What's up!" Grayson yelled, sitting next to Madison.

One of those boys, sat down next to Lucy and put his arm around her.

"Elena, this is Nate." she blushed.

"Wassup." he smiled.

I chuckled at his greeting, how formal.

The other one, sat between Nate and Sasha.

"Aaron." He smiles, holding his hand out.

"Elena." I shook his hand.

It feels like all I've been doing today is introducing myself. Gosh, I hate first days.

Trailing behind the group was the boy. He had no option but to sit down next to me, which he didn't seem to be bothered by.

He plonked his lunch tray on the table and slithered in next to me.

Everyone was busy talking, while I just sipped on my juice box, occasionally receiving side glances from him.

I felt the boy shift and he was soon facing me.

"I haven't introduced myself yet." he finally speaks up.

"I'm Ethan." he smirks.

"Ethan Daniels."

-