[65] - Some Time Soon

I didn't want to let him go, but it would be greedy and wrong of me not to.

"I'm going to miss you, so much," I whimpered as I reluctantly released my hold.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Lena," Dylan frowned. He held the handle of his suitcase as Liam was waiting in the car. Liam was going to drive him to the airport, since it was too late to drive now.

"You'll call us when you get there," my mother instructed, rather than asked. She was sad, but she was more proud of her son being able to attend one of the best university's.

"Of course," he nodded, giving her one last hug.

"You're going to miss your flight," Maya sniffed, clearing all tears from her eyes. She was right, he needed to be there soon.

"You're right," Dylan nodded, trying to keep a straight face, "I'll see you guys some time soon, right?"

We all nodded in unison. We waved and smiled as we watched him get into Liam's car. As they drove off, he honked the horn, which made Maya jump. We chuckled at her reaction, which brought a little light to the situation.

Since finding out Dylan would be leaving, my mom has been more active around the house. She says she had a dream, dad came to visit her in her sleep. He told her he's happy where he is, and he's watching over us. He said he doesn't want to see her cry anymore. So, lately she's been keeping it kept together.

I swung my arm around Maya and pulled her closer to me, "I guess it's just us now," I sighed as we walked inside.

She wrapped her arm around me and I heard her sigh as well. It's just 3 now.

"It's late," my mother scrunched her face up, "how about we just order a pizza, hey? Maybe watch a movie?"

I smiled, happily, "sounds great, mom. Maya, you pick the movie. I'll order the pizza. Go put on some PJ's mom," I chuckled and hurried her upstairs.

She laughed at my enthusiasm, and ran up the stairs.

I got onto the phone with the pizza place and ordered. Maya picked out a movie on Netflix, "Love, Rosie". I hadn't heard of it before, but Maya said her friend recommended it.

The pizza came rather fast, and I set it on the coffee table. We turned off the lights and all crowded around on the couch. The movie began to play, and everyone took a slice of pizza.

***

"I still don't get it," I groaned, flopping my head onto the table.

"It's simple, seriously, just listen super carefully Elena," Grayson began to get frustrated with me as I couldn't understand a single word he was saying.

He tried working through it with me again, and I still didn't get it.

"Do you get it now?" he asked, hope in his eyes.

I shot him an awkward smile, and he sighed. "Maths just isn't for everyone." He shrugged.

"How're things since your brother left?" Grayson asked, discarding his work.

"Well, it's only been a few days. I think it's safe to say things are going well, though. Mom's doing a lot better, and Maya and I have been able to spend a ton of time together lately, too." I nodded with a smile. 

"I'm glad to hear," Grayson smiled widely. 

I nodded, leaving us in silence.

"So," he cleared his throat, "Ethan, uh, told me that you're going to need to move to New York at the end of the year? Is that right?"

I bit my lip. It seemed to have totally escaped my mind. With everything going on... how could I forget this?

"Well- Yeah," I sighed, slumping into my seat, "I, uh, forgot about that," I scratched my neck awkwardly, "but that's not until ages away."

"Well, what are you guys going to do when you do have to move?" Grayson asked, leaning back in his chair, studying me.

"I don't know," I shrugged, "I-I don't have to worry about that yet, there's still a long way away."

"I'm just saying," Grayson sighed, "you do realise, you're also moving to start a full ass music career, Lena. That's not something small, it's a huge deal. And, I mean, you're pretty fucking talented so you're gonna blow up big time. I don't think distance is what you should worry about, more like time management." 

I never thought about that before. He's got a pretty fair point, as well. All this time I've been stressing about visits, and how far apart we're going to be; unlike here, where I see him almost everyday. Maybe I should've been worrying about when I'll actually get the time to sit around and call.

The bell rang for next period, and I quickly said goodbye to Grayson. 

***

It was finally free period, and Ethan and I decided to sit on the grass on the field. The football team was training for their half-year game which was coming up in June. Yep, they take it very seriously. Come on, it's only February!

"I can't believe they're training already," I chuckle, playing with Ethan's fingers as I laid on his chest.

"Well, the games in June, and it's almost March. 3 months away, I guess it's not too crazy. Salt Lake High is really good. I think we've got some competition this year." Ethan spoke, watching.

"I can't believe it's already almost March," I chuckled, "Feels like just yesterday we were in Canada." I smiled at the memory.

"It's going by fast," he frowned, "too fast." I knew he was hinting at me leaving at the end of the year, "you'll still graduate with us, right?"

I nodded, "of course. I can leave after graduation, for sure." 

"I just wish you didn't have to leave at all," his strong arms made their way around me and held me firmly, as if he didn't want to ever let me go. And I was okay with that.

I didn't bring up what Grayson and I were talking about before. I don't want it to seem harder than it already is. I'm going to put all my love and effort into making this relationship work whilst I'm gone, and I know he will too. Plus, maybe he could apply for a college in New York. I mean, it's only a 2 hour drive. We could visit each other on weekends. 

That is if I'm not busy. I do know a lot of soul has to go into my job, but it wont be flat out crazy the first year I'm sure. Will it?

-