[22] - Confessions (Part 1)

I walked into the cafeteria, and saw my friends at the table. I walked up to them, not really caring about interrupting them.

"Hey, have you guys seen Ethan?" I spoke, sounding desperate.

I was desperate.

"Last I saw of him was during forth period." Aaron shrugged.

That's when he left.

"A-and where was he? What was he doing?" I asked, getting closer.

"He seemed upset and said he was going to go blow off some steam." he said, shrugging.

I turned to Grayson, "fuck, Grayson I made a mistake," I whined, "you know him better than anyone, where do you think he is?" I yank at his wrist.

He looked down, and bit his lip. He seemed like he was holding something back, and when he looked up he seemed upset. By this, I knew almost exactly what he meant.

"You're kidding me," I whispered as I covered my mouth, trying to avoid the tears. I began to walk off when I felt someone pull me back.

"Please, Elena," he said, "don't go, you won't want to, trust me." His eyes looked pleading.

"I have to," I croaked, a lump forming in my throat.

He looked down and released me slowly, as I sped off out of the cafeteria.

I pulled out my phone and started to text Ethan.

-
Elena:
please answer me, ethan
i was lying
i was trying to get her to back off!
i didn't mean it, you have to believe me
please answer

-
I kept waiting for a response as I walked through the halls, wiping away tears that streamed down my face. He never answered.

I started walking towards the girls locker rooms, "please, prove me wrong, prove Grayson wrong," I repeated to myself as I wiped away tears.

And that's when I saw it.

Him.

There he was.

There Meredith was.

He had her pushed up against the lockers, just like he had me. His hands around her waist, just like he had me. Her hands wrapped around his neck, just like I did.

As I saw, the tears streamed down my face, uncontrollably. I could feel my heart break into many little pieces. My hands trembled as I tried wiping away my tears, but it was pointless because the streams were just replaced by new ones.

My legs shook and my head spun.

Meredith must've noticed me, as she looked straight at me, a smirk wide on her lips. She flipped him over and slammed him against the lockers, as his hands made their way down.

I backed away, and Ethan heard my heels. He looked up and locked eyes with me. His eyes widened and his hands dropped and he pulled away.

Regret, pain, anger and sorrow flashed through his eyes as he saw me, tears rolling down my face consistently. He pushed Meredith off him and he stood there.

"Elena," he started, but I ran off into the cafeteria, crying again. My eyes stung and my chest hurt, hurt more than anything.