[21] - Baddie Baby

"Elena," my mom called me from downstairs.

I shut my textbooks and sluggishly walked down the steps.

I see my parents sitting down at the table with Dylan and Maya and I start getting nervous.

"Everything alright?" I asked, worried.

They both nodded and told me to take a seat, and so I sat next to Maya.

"Now, we both have something to tell you." They frowned.

We all nodded our heads in sync as we waited for our parents to talk.

"The company called today," my father began, clearing his throat, "and they need to us to work in Canada, temporarily."

We all gasped and told them to continue.

"Now, I know we just moved here," he continued but my mom butt in.

"So we were thinking of a plan." We all nodded our heads again.

"Dylan, since you're 18, we believe you're old enough to stay here, alone." My mom looks over at me, "Elena, we trust you too."

Me and Dylan look at each other an high-five.

"What about me?" Maya sighed, folding her arms.

"Jordan and Andrea really wanted to see you, so you're going to stay with them," mom smiled.

"Yes! I love my cousins!" She cheered as she danced around the room.

"But, Dylan, Elena." My father furrowed his eyebrows, "do you think you can handle this place alone?"

"Of course, dad, but for how long?" I asked, folding my arms.

They both looked at each other and gulped, "a month and a half."

I frowned and I noticed Dylan frown too.

"You'll be gone for a month and a half?" Dylan repeated, sadness evident in his voice.

"We didn't want to pull you out of school and miss anything, but if you want to come-" my mother sighed.

"No, mama, it's alright," I smiled.

"You guys go, have fun and work your asses off!" I winked and they laughed.

"Language, Elena." My dad chuckled.

"Disculpe," I said, covering my mouth. *translation; excuse me,*

After we finished talking, my parents went to go pack. Apparently they leave tomorrow, which we didn't think was enough time to say goodbye, but duty calls, you know?

At least they leave at night, so we can have the rest of the day together.

***

I sighed as I woke up. Today's the day my parents leave.

I won't lie, I am excited to have the house by myself, but having my parents around always makes me feel safe. And I love being with them.

I sluggishly walk to my bathroom and take a shower. I was feeling like a baddie today, so I sprayed on some of my Victoria's Secret perfume.

I walked to my closet and changed into a cameo t-shirt dress and some spandex shorts beneath, cos ya girl ain't gonna slip up today.

I slipped into some beige-green knee high boots and zipped them up from behind. I put a watch on my wrist and a bunch of golden bracelets on my other one. I hug a choker around my neck along with a long necklace.