[17] - Photoshop & Tattoos

Wednesday
-
I sluggishly walked into Language Studies, wishing the day to be over. Partly because I was tired and wanted to go home, and partly because I wanted to hurry and go to the beach. I mean, hello.

Ethan Daniels in just swim trunks? Yes. Hell. Fucking. Yes.

My eye caught Tristan who was waving at me to come sit down with him. I walked over to him and sat down.

"Oh my god are you alright?" He asked, rubbing my back.

I gave him a look of confusion, I had no idea what he was talking about.

"What?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You haven't heard?" He said, taken back.

"Heard about what?" I asked, slightly cocking my head to the side.

"Ooh, girl," he said, spinning around on his chair to grab his phone. He yanked it out and was scrolling through, what seemed like, messages.

He looked at it again, with a frown, and looked up at me, "are you sure you want to see this?" he asked. I started worrying, but nodded to allow him to show me.

He handed me his phone, which was opened on a photo of-

"Ethan and Meredith?!" I whisper-shouted.

I felt the lump form at the back of my throat as tears welled up in my eyes. I zoomed in on the photo of the two having a make-out session, in what appeared to be Meredith's house.

He was shirtless and she was only in her undergarments.

"How-How'd you get this," I said, not being able to take my eyes off of it.

"Meredith sent it around, telling everyone they were officially back together." He said, rubbing my back, "she sent it yesterday."

"When was this taken?" I asked, passing him his phone hesitantly.

"Sunday," he said, biting his lip, "were you with him that day?"

I shook my head no. I recalled the day, I had texted him, asking if he wanted to hang out, but he declined, saying he was busy that day.

"Listen," Tristan said, lowly, "I bet half the guys at this school would want to date you," he said smiling, "you don't need Ethan."

I nodded, biting my lip, trying hard to swallow the lump in my throat.

He's right, a lot of the guys would date me. But he was also wrong.

I do need Ethan.

He makes my bad days brighter, and makes all my great days greater. We had an undeniable connection from the first day we met, something I've never felt with anyone else. Something I know I will not find in anyone here.

I glanced out the window at Ethan, who was sitting in a chair, chewing his sweatshirt strings. His perfectly sculptured face staring intensely at the teacher. He was so perfect.

Looking at him only made me feel worse, so I took my eyes back to my page.

***

The lesson was finally over, and Tristan and I exchanged goodbyes. I sped out of the classroom, quick enough so Ethan didn't see me. I had no idea how to confront him. I don't even know if I ever wanted to see him again.