[23] - Confessions (Part 2)

A week has passed.

I've had minimal small talk with Ethan now and then.

He kept trying to talk to me about that day, but I shrugged him off. I didn't feel like talk about it. I needed time to think about what I want.

If I get with him, who says he won't cheat on me? Does he even like me, or is this also part of his game?

He became distant with all of us.

He sat with Xavier in homeroom. He tried sitting with me the first couple days, but I always made sure to sit at a table with someone so he couldn't sit with me. In chemistry, he sat alone. So did I.

He didn't sit with us at lunch, he left every lunch time. I always hoped he would walk through the doors, but he never came.

People had noticed our sudden break, and rumours started. They said he got into my pants, but I caught feelings and he didn't return. If only they knew, huh?

I sighed. I got out of the car and walked up the steps. It was Monday morning, the worst morning of all.

Some people greeted me as I walked in, must be people who sympathise me because they think they've been in the same position as me. Little do they know.

I walked to my locker, and stayed there, remembering what went down here. That's when I heard a male call my name, "yo, Salgado."

I turned around to see the guy that approached me last week, and he had a bigger smirk on his face.

"Wow, a week has passed and I still have no fucking clue who you are," I fold my arms and lean against my locker.

"You'll sure know me when you start screaming my name," he smirked, stepping closer.

"Max!" Someone yelled to imitate me.

A little group had formed around us, and I noticed Grayson, Nate and Aaron. They stood there, watching, getting ready to jump in.

While I looked at the crowd, my eyes locked on him. He was leaning against a locker, staring at us. His eyes read something I couldn't quite understand, but I locked away.

"Aw, that's cute," I laugh, "as if something this little would make me scream." I emphasises the word little and made gestures with my hands.

His fists clenched and unclenched and he looked furious, "still stuck on Ethan's dick huh?" He teased, with a smirk.

"Why? Jealous he's got someone bouncing on his dick while you don't?" I smirked, "but no, we never had sex. We didn't even date."

I looked at him, he had sadness in his eyes as he heard that, but he stared at Max with fury. His eyes, that same coldness. It was scary.

"Lie all you want, Elena." He teased, "we all know you fell for Ethan after you fucked, but he didn't want anything to do with you." He stepped closer and closer, until he was inches away from my face.

"Admit it," he whispered, "you were just part of his games."

I shut my eyes tightly, suppressing the tears. I could not break down, here. Not right now.

"Back the fuck off, Max." His voice, loud and clear boomed through the halls. I looked up to see his figure, standing in front of me like he was guarding me.

"You can stop pretending now, Ethan," max laughed, patting his back, "or was she so good you want more for seconds?" He winked.

Ethan grabbed him by the collar and slammed him against the lockers, slightly choking him, but I didn't care. I stood in shock as I saw the pain and anger in Ethan's eyes.