[29] - The Day Before The Big Day

friday morning

"It's someone's birthday tomorrow," Ethan said in sing song as I got in his car.

"Really? Who's?" I said as I kissed his cheek.

"Come on, it's your 17th birthday, be excited," he laughed as he reversed onto the road.

"I just wish my parents were there," I frowned as I watched the road.

He sighed and rubbed circles on my thigh, "you can always Skype them?" He had a hopeful smile.

I nodded, "if they're not busy," I muttered.

I turned on the radio and switched between multiple stations to find a song I wanted to listen to, and finally I did.

Eventually, we ended up at school and he parked in his usual spot. We both got out in sync, and he jogged over to me, snaking his arm around my waist. I didn't realise until we'd entered the school and everyone's eyes were on us.

"Ethan," I mumbled, "rumours."

"They need to get used to it," he shrugged and pulled me closer.

We reached my locker and pulled out my books for the morning, and looked at myself in the little mirror I had put in.

"Are you alright?" Ethan sighed, leaning on the locker next to me.

"Just waiting for the weekend," I chuckled, and then we made our way to homeroom.

***
E T H A N ' S P.O.V

I entered my pre-cal class which I had with Grayson, Nate and Aaron. I entered the class and spotted them, so I went up and sat with them.

"Hey," Aaron said.

"I need your help," I said, looking at them, cutting straight to the chase.

"All ears," Nate said pointing to his ears, making me chuckle.

"It's Elena's birthday tomorrow," I begun and slightly blushed due to the mention of her name, "and I want to throw her a surprise party."

They all nodded, "do you have a plan?"

I nodded and told them what I had in mind, and they all smiled with a nod, "sounds like it might work," Grayson nodded.

"Can you text the girls? They're a big part in this," I begged.

They all pulled out their phones in sync and I pulled mine out, to text Elena's brother.

"Madison said she was already planning on taking Elena out, so it's perfect," Grayson smiled as he hesitantly put away his phone.

"Lucy agrees," Nate said, giving me the thumbs up.

"Sasha thinks it's a great idea," Aaron smiled.

"I got Dylan to go over so he can help," I said putting my phone away.

I smiled to myself as I thought about how her reaction might be.