[10] - Party Time (Part 1)

Finally, the school day had finished and it was finally the weekend.

Although, I was a little nervous. Last party I went to, I got hella drunk. Like, hammered. I was hungover for days. My friend and I had to fake a weekend trip so I could stay with her for the time. I was not going to let my parents see me that drunk. Ever.

I giggled as I recalled the moment with my friends, then felt sad as I missed them and left them behind.

I decided to throw away my nerves and focus on shopping. I needed to find something cute to wear tonight. I'm glad Sasha was having a party, this is a perfect way to get to know more people and make new friends.

I had entered a shop because a beautiful, black dress had caught my attention in the window. As I walked up to the mannequin that was wearing it, I heard someone call my name.

"Elena?" A familiar, friendly voice called out.

"Dude, don't just call out across the store!" Another guy called out.

I spun around to see two dopey smiles towards me. It was Aaron and Nate.

"Hey guys," I smile, as they made their way towards us, "what are you doing here?"

"Nate over here wants to buy his precious little Lucy a present," Aaron teased.

I glanced at Nate who had gone red in the cheeks at the mention of Lucy's name. It was so adorable.

"You need any help?" I offered, looking around. Nate nodded with a embarrassed look on his face. Lucy was my friend, after all, so I knew what she would like. She's a huge fan of silver jewellery.

I pointed over to a hook that held a couple necklaces. I recall Lucy talking about it, actually.

"She likes necklaces, get her one that reads 'Lucy'." I shrugged, smiling. I could just imagine her face when she gets this given to her.

"Thanks so much!" Nate grinned, before running over and calling an employee over.

"So why're you here?" Aaron asked when we turned our attention away from Nate.

"Looking for something to wear tonight," I shrugged, looking back at the dress.

"You like that dress?" He asked, noticing.

I slowly nodded, before frowning, "but I don't have enough money."

I re-read the tag that read "$75" on it, huffing in annoyance.

"Here," Aaron said, slipping me a 50 note, "its all I have at the moment, sorry."

I gasped at his offer, covering my mouth. I shook my hand and offered it back to him.

"There's no way I can take this," I giggled nervously.

He rolled his eyes and extended his arm out, pushing the bill into my face.

I shook my head and pushed his hand back into his chest.

"Just take it," he groaned.

I didn't accept the money and gave it back. I get he has lot... but $50? I wouldn't even accept that from my parents.

"Fine," he huffed, "but you won't turn me down next time."

***

After a while of walking around, putting things together for my outfit, I had finally finished and Nate gave me a ride home as I had taken the bus to the mall.