[7] - Muffins & Pizza

I walked to my locker after class and put my books out of my bag and into the locker. I shut my locker and walked over to the cafeteria taking my time. Today, there were a lot more people here. I struggled to make my way through different crowds of people.

I managed to spot Madison and Sasha sitting at a table and decided to sit down with them.

"Hey," I chirped, sliding next to Sasha.

"Finally, you're here!" Sasha smiled.

"How's your day been?" Madison asked with a wide smile.

"Long." I chuckled.

The girls laughed but stopped once the same chunky heels entered the cafeteria, but this time with someone.

"Is that.." Lucy furrowed her eyebrows.

"Ethan." I squinted, to get a better view.

I looked over at Madison with a look of 'what the hell' and she returned the same look.

I twisted my body back around to the girls and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, I don't care." I shrugged, resting my chin in my palm.

Part of me agreed with what I said. 'Let him be with who he wants.' I saw it coming, I knew already.

But a part of me, a bigger part, cared. Cared a lot. Too much. I guess I'll just have to shoo those feelings away. He is, after all, just my friend.

"Hottie 5 o'clock," Lucy squealed, trying to enlighten me.

Madison and I both turned our heads and spotted Kian entering the cafeteria.

"Go talk to him." Madison smiled.

"You know what? I will." I said, smiling to myself.

I got up and turned around and was surprised when I saw Ethan and Meredith right behind me. I looked at him, then her, then him again and rolled my eyes. I didn't say anything to Ethan, but instead just walked past him towards Kian.

"Elena," Kian smiled as he noticed me walking to him.

"Hey, how are you," I said, pulling him into a hug.

"Great now that you're here," he smiled, hugging me tighter.

I blushed little, trying not to.

"Want to sit with me?" he asked with a wide grin.

I nodded with a smile and we walked together to an empty table

We sat down facing each other and started talking about different things.

Ethan and Meredith immediately left my mind.

"Hm, I'm a bit hungry, you want anything?" I asked, eyeing the food.

"Just a toastie, please," he smiled.

I nodded and got up.

"Actually, a chocolate muffin," he added with a chuckle.

"Alright," I laughed.

I walked up and then felt something pull my hand back.

"Actually, could you get me a slice of pizza?" he smiled with puppy eyes.

I looked down at my hand which was held in between Kian's. I smiled at the sight and looked back at the soft, brown eyes that smiled back and gave a nod before I walked off.

I walked through the crowds of people and made my way in line to get the food. I glanced back at Kian who was watching me from our table, which was quite far. He pulled a funny face which caused me to laugh, earning looks from people.