[54] - Second Day Recovery

"Elena," a soft, faint whisper called out.

"Elena," the same whisper repeated, this time a little louder.

I grunted as I felt myself wake up, fluttering my eyelids as I adjusted to the light. I sat up, my eyes scanning the room. I'd almost forgotten that we were at the police station. I looked to my side, surprised to see Grayson instead of Ethan.

"Where'd Ethan go?" I questioned faintly, as I scanned the seats again.

"He got pulled in for questioning," he nodded towards the room he was in, "but he didn't want to wake you up, so we swapped," he finished with a slight chuckle. I nodded with a small smile, as I fiddled with my fingers.

"Where's Casey?" I asked Grayson, who was almost falling asleep himself.

He pointed to a seat further from us, and there I saw a sleeping Casey. Of course, we're all tried. It's 4 in the morning.

"At least she's coming back with us," he sighed with relief.

"I'm just glad that assholes in jail," I growled, trying to keep the vulgarity to a minimum.

A few minutes had passed, and Ethan had finally came back, his eyes stinging with tears. I jumped up to hug him, a tight embrace filled with support. What he, as well as Grayson and Casey, did tonight was just so incredible, but I'm still glad it's over.

"How does home sound?" Grayson said as he walked over with Casey.

***

"Hey," I said softly as I slid down onto the couch beside Casey. I held a coffee in my hand for her, but I wanted to make sure she was alright first. She lifted her hands out of the white blanket that covered her, and took hold of the mug.

"Thank you," she smiled.

"You're welcome," I smiled back and watched her drink.

Ethan and Grayson were packing our things as we leave later today. Casey is holding up, but of course, she's still in a bit of shock. And honestly, who could blame her? I'm just glad she's got support.

"I'm so excited to see my parents," she exhaled air as a soft chuckle, "it's been, god knows how long."

"I'm sure they're just as excited to see you, too," I nodded and brought my feet up onto the couch, hugging them closer to my chest. Canada is freezing.

We continued to make small talk, but I didn't want to pressure her into conversation. She needs time to heal. After a while, I heard Ethan and Grayson come out with bags, including Casey's.

"We're ready," Ethan said, and shot us a smile.

I nodded and got up to put on my shoes. I slid into my little boots and grabbed my purse from the counter. We were all ready to go.

Casey got up to put the mug in the sink, but Grayson offered to do it for her. She nodded and folded the blanket neatly on the couch. We double checked we had everything, and then we left the room. We didn't stay long here in Canada, but after the events of yesterday, I don't really think we could bare to stay longer.

We checked out at the front desk, and waited for our Uber to get us. Minimal conversation was held, but because we were all tired we didn't quite mind. I just wanted to get on the plane so I could sleep.

Within minutes we were at the airport, and waiting at our gate. While we sat there waiting to board, my phone received a text.

mom:
hey darling, i hope everything's going fine x
Stacy just texted me and reminded me of our meeting on Thursday, so don't forget
love you stay safe see you soon