[6] - It's Not a Date

My eyes widened as I noticed the handsome figure leaning in, with his lips pursed. His eyes shut, he looked so seductive, I found myself leaning in towards him, inching closer, closer to his lips.

Just as we were about to connect lips, I sat up straight, eyes widening.

I looked around. I was no longer at school, I was in my bedroom. In my bed. In pyjamas.

"A dream," I smacked my head repeatedly, "only a dream."

I got off the bed and rubbed my head. I opened my windows and checked the alarm clock.

"7:00?" I widened my eyes.

I must've slept through the whole night.

I heard glasses and dishes from downstairs.

Must be my parents, they have to leave soon. I guess I'll get ready.

I sluggishly walked into my bathroom and stripped out of my clothes and tied my hair up to prevent the water from getting to it. I then turned on the warm water in the shower and waited for it to warm. Eventually, I got in.

Once I was done, I got out and dried myself without a rush, I had almost 2 hours to get ready today. Let's just hope Dylan doesn't want to get to school early today.

I walked to my closet and decided to wear black ripped jeans with an cropped grey jumper and black boots. It was supposed to be a cold day today, but in case of warmer weather I grabbed out a burgundy crop top and put it in my bag.

I grabbed out a nice gold necklace my grandma had bought me when I was 14. It's been my favorite necklace since. I cherish it deeply.

I had a quick glance at myself in the mirror and was satisfied. Not like I was dressing up for anything.. or anyone.

I walked to my vanity table and took down my hair. I brushed it, revealing it's slight curls. I grabbed the chap stick I always carry in my bag with me and put it in there.

"Better safe than sorry," I mumbled.

I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder before I walked out and shut the door.

I knocked on Dylan's door to wake him up. He responded with a groan.

"You're not my alarm clock," I heard him whine.

I chuckled and galloped down the steps.

I was greeted by my parents just getting ready to head out.

"Sleeping Beauty has finally awoken," my father cheered with a chuckled.

Mom came over to me and hugged me tightly.

"You sleep well?" she smiled.

I nodded and then an unintentional yawn came out, which earned a giggle.

I went over and hugged dad before they left.

"Where's Maya?" I asked, looking around.

"Right here," she called out from behind me, "boo."

I rolled my eyes and hugged her goodbye and then waved to everyone as they left.

"Call me if plans change." I called out as they left.

I shut the door once the car left and walked to the kitchen. I decided to make a nice fruity smoothie for Dylan and myself to start the morning. I'm guessing the blender had woken Dylan up, as I heard him get out of his bedroom.

I poured the smoothie into two big glasses and topped them off with coconut shavings and a straw.

I placed one on the table and brought one to my lips.