[47] - I Feel Sick

"Do I have to?" I pouted as Ethan swung me over his shoulder.

"You need an education, Elena," he sighed and walked to his car.

"But I don't want it," I crossed my arms and he placed me in the passenger seat.

He chuckled and shut the door, then got in next to me, "if you go to school with that beautiful smile I fell in love with," he poked my cheek, "I will buy you McDonalds after school."

Without hesitation I forced my lips into a smile, "deal."

He laughed as he started the car and started driving to school.

We parked in our spot, and for some reason people were staring at us. I tried my best to shrug it off, because people always stare at us, but this time it was more intense. More people were doing it.

"Do you notice everyone staring too?" Ethan whispered as we walked into the school doors.

I nodded and as soon as we stepped foot into the building, Madison and Lucy came up to us.

"Have you heard?" Lucy's eyes looked like they were about to pop out of their sockets.

I shook my head no, and then they shoved their phones in my face. I read a message that was posted on a Facebook page.

"What is this?" I asked, and furrowed my eyebrows.

"That's Meredith's Facebook," Ethan glared at the screen, "what do they mean she's out of prison?"

I gasped as I snatches the phone out of his hand, and my hand covered my mouth as my eyes read over the words.

"Not only that," Madison sighed, "Elena, everyone knows what happened."

I looked up from the screen. This can't be happening. No.

"H-How do they know?" I stuttered, feeling a lump form in my throat. Ethan placed his arms on my shoulders and spun me around to face him. He gave me a soft look which calmed my nerves somewhat.

"Listen, baby," he whispered huskily, "you got a restraining order. So did I. She won't be able to go anywhere near you, and if she does she's in prison. Life prison." He slowly rubbed my shoulders.

I inhaled, then exhaled, trying to catch my breath. I can't believe everyone knows now. I looked around the hallway and people were staring, sadness, sorrow and pity danced in their eyes.

"Someone anonymous posted about what Meredith and Jaden did," Lucy coughed. Our heads snapped to her, "what?" I raised my voice, but Ethan placed his hand on my back.

"You mean, someone else knows besides Meredith?" Ethan furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, there's Jaden," I shrugged, "but I don't think they allow phones in prison," I chuckled coldly.

"I don't know, Elena," Madison pouted, placed his hand on my shoulder, "but you'll get through it. I think you've got a meeting with the counsellor this morning."

"I feel sick," I muttered and hung my head low. I hated talking to school counsellors.

The bell rang, and then an announcement booked through the speakers, "Elena Salgado, please report to the principals office, I repeat, Elena Salgado, please report to the principals office. Thank you."

I looked at the girls, then Ethan, and everyone's heads turned to face me. All eyes were on me. I hated it.

"Do you want me to come?" Ethan gripped my hand.