~Chapter 1~

"Good morning beautiful!" I heard. I rubbed my eyes then opened them to see a man I grew to love laying next to me. Yes, I never forget about Brett but its times like these you learn to let go of the past. I smiled. 

"Hey!" I said. He smiled. He reached his hand to snake it around my waist pulling me closer to him. I giggled and he scanned my face with his beautiful eyes. 

"You're so damn beautiful!" He said. He leaned down and placed a kiss to my lips. He went to pull away but I learned more into it. 

"Mommy!" I heard from the living room. The next thing I know little steps were being heard in the hall and Lincon my son runs into my room. I smiled looking at him. He jumps on the bed into my arms. "Mommy, it's Sunday!" He said. I smiled. Even tho it hurt knowing Brett was gone I didn't hide the fact that he was his son. Every Sunday the 3 of us go to his grave with flowers and we sit and enjoy the quiet. I figured it was gonna be kinda weird for Dean because I am his girlfriend and Brett was my ex but he was surprisingly ok with it. He enjoyed it telling him what's been going on in life talking about Lincon. "Mommy!" I heard Lincon say. I kissed his cheek and smiled. 

"I know baby, Dean will help you get dressed ok?" I asked looking more at Dean as he smiled. 

"I would love to!" He said. Lincoln smiled. He always gets excited about going to the grave. Some may say it is like he's met his father. 

"Mommy, are you gonna get dressed too?" He asked. I nodded. He placed a kiss on my cheek and took Dean's hand and walked with him out the room. I sighed and sat up. It amazes me every day how much Lincon looks like Brett. He has his eyes, nose, lips, hair, laughs, walk, and mind. It doesn't hurt seeing him at all if anything it makes me happy. 

I get out of bed and walk over to my closet. I grabbed some jeans and a button-up shirt and a tank top. I walk over to the shower and strip out of my clothes and hop in. After 30 minutes I get out and put my clothes on. I walk in front of the mirror with the towel and start drying my hair. 

After that night where Brett faced his father Kevin had told me that Brett's body was too burned to even know it was him. All signs of his father and stepmom being dead were proven. Kevin told me Brett was stabbed and was too close to the house when the bombs went off. But he also said that the last thing Brett heard was my voice and I cried. 

Kevin is now with Creek about to get married in November 3 months away. He is to look after Brett's half-brother who no one knew he had, in the company that was supposed to be Bretts. But Dean doesn't work for them anymore his father does but he is trying to get a cop job. At 3 pm he has an interview with them.