~Chapter 18~

We get out of the car and walk into the house. Everything looked exactly the same. I sighed. I couldn't help but think this was some kind of trap. Like me being here would ruin my time to think. That the flashbacks will somehow make me choose Brett without thinking about the outcome. "Melody?" I heard. I looked to the left to see David. I smiled. 5 years ago Dean was always left in charge of me because David had to be by Brett's side so we never really got the chance to hang out. 

"David!" I said smiling. He walked over to me and wrapped me up in his arms. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. He looked at Brett and his eyes opened wide. 

"She found out 2 days ago!" He said. 

"I knew you couldn't stay away. You two were meant to be!" David said. I hit his arm. But Brett gave him a glare. 

"We're not together!" Brett said looking away. I looked at him then back at David. 

"Ignore him, he's a bit grumpy!" I said. David gave me a knowing look and smiled.

"Is he right though?" He asked. 

"Yes, we're not together!" I said. 

"Yet!" I heard someone say. I looked behind me to see Creek standing there. I looked at him crossing my arms. 

"Omg, if I have to hear you do the battle thing again I will freak out!" Kevin said walking in next to him. 

"What battle thing?" David asked. Kevin looked at the ground knowing Creek was going to do it again. 

"Who is Mel gonna choose? Dean, the sexy but not so sexy bodyguard? Or Brett, the sexy, over demanding, crazy, billionaire?" Creek said walking up to me. Brett looked at him. 

"I'm not that demanding, so shut up!" He said. He paused. "Oh, now I see it!" He said. Everyone trusted in a pit, of laughter. 

"Boss, the new files were placed on your desk this morning!" Chad said. He looked at me and smirked. Another guy walked in after who I learned his name is Tim. Chad looks at him. 

"Looks like you owe $50!" Chad said. Tim gives him a weird look and then looks to see me. 

"Fuck!" He said digging in his pocket. 

"Why does he owe you?" Brett asked walking up to them. 

"He betted me that you and Mel would get back together and have a kid!" Chad explained. I laughed. 

"We already have a kid!" I said. They both looked at Brett then at me. 

"And we're not-!" 

"Here to talk about this!" I finished Brett's sentence. He looked at me and I gave him a look to let him know to stop. 

"I'm not paying you all to stand around and do nothing!" Brett said in his bossy voice. I rolled my eyes. 

"You don't pay me!" I mumbled. He looked back at me and smirked. 

"I can put not with paper!" He says. His eyes licked every inch of my body and they filled with lust and love. All the guys started to move out of the room. 

"Yeah, we got the memo!" David said. He was the last person to leave.