~Chapter 50~

Melody's P.O.V

I slip into the shower and begin washing my hair. As I was about to grab my body wash a pair of hands met my body. I looked over my showers and leaned into his touch. He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I'm sorry," I whispered. He kissed my cheek.

"Don't worry baby girl. I know how stressed you are. Just let me take your mind off it." He said kissing my neck. I smiled.

"Bret..." I said. He turned me around.

"Lincoln is at Creek's house. No one else is here. Just clear your mind and let the problems fade." He said kissing me. I learned more about him.

He picked up and held me around his waist. My legs wrapped around his waist as he entered me. I gasped. He leaned us against the shower wall and continued to pound into me. I dug my nails into his back and bit his shoulder. He placed his lips on my neck.

"I missed you baby girl." He breathed.

"I missed you too," I said.

He kissed my cheek. He got off the wall and turned off the shower. He brought us to the bedroom and laid me on the bed while still being inside me. He picked up his pace. I dug my nails more into his shoulder. He groaned. I soon felt my climax and I could tell he was close too. He picked me up once again and laid my back flat against the wall as he attacked my neck. He groaned as he took one more stroke inside me and then kissed my cheek. He laid me on the bed and snuggled up to me.

I laid on my side and closed my eyes. I felt Bret's arm off me and the bed goes up. I glanced over to see him walking to the bathroom. I heard him hop back into the shower and I laid my head back down.

The next morning I was awakened by a noise. I shot up and Bret stood with a smile. "I was gonna wake you up but you looked beautiful sleeping." He said. I rubbed my eyes and noticed the plate of food in his hands. "I made you breakfast. You might want to get in the shower after you eat. Your dad is gonna be over here." He said. I began eating and grabbed my phone. 

"Creek wants to go out for lunch today," I said.

"I've got good news, " he said. I looked up at him to see him holding a piece of paper. "Your are officially Mrs. Taylor." He said with a smile. I smiled too. I finished eating and got up. His eyes gazed my naked body. I wrapped my robe around my body and walked into my closet.

"Why is dad coming over?" I asked.

"He said he had something he wanted to talk to you about." He said.

"Do you have any idea what for?" I asked putting down the plate.

"He didn't say." He said. I slipped on my robe and stood up while tying it. He smirked. I walked up to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist. He just stared down at me. "I thought I was a goner." He said. I looked at him in confusion.

"I was stabbed in my stomach and so close the house when the bomb went off. But I wasn't scared of dying. I was scared that I would never see you again. That I would never get meet Lincoln. Your voice was the last thing I hear and for 2 years in rang in my head. When I woke up I wanted to rush to you and pull you in my arms." He said. My heart raced.

"But I couldn't. Kevin told me you were just starting your new life. And you finally went on your first date with Dean. I broke not being able to touch you." He said. I looked down.

"Promise," I said. I looked up at him. "Promise me this is forever. No lies, no decision made without talking to me first. Bret, I need to know this isn't going to end up like last time. I can't afford to lose you again." I said. He placed his hand on my cheek.

"I promise you. I love you and I just want to be with you. I promise you it won't end up like last time." He said. He brought his lips down to mine.

"I wasn't interrupting, was I?" I heard. Bret pulled away and I looked at the intruder. I smiled. "Hey princess." He said. I pulled away from Bret and walked up to him.

"Hey," I said as he pulls me into a hug.

"Bad timing David," Bret says walking over to us. David chuckles.

"Hey, you get to have her any other time." He said pulling away. He looks at me. "Creek let me in if that's ok?" He said. I nodded.

"Of course it is. I'm her best friend." Creek said walking in my room. I roll my eyes.

"How's Kentucky?" I asked. He tucks his hands in his jeans.

"You know I've never loved the country more." He said. I chuckled.

"So what brings you back?" I asked.

"A wedding I was invited too." He said. I look at Bret. "Of course I'm late but it was kinda a last minute wedding." He said.

"I gave you 3 weeks," Bret said.

"I had to deal with a few things. I'm sorry for being selfish and living like that."

"David, your mother was dying. That's not selfish." I said.

"Yeah, but you needed me." He said.

"I don't blame you at all," I said. He looked down. I knew what was to come.

"How's your dad." He asked. I looked down at my feet.

"Well for someone who has a week left to live he's never looked better," I said. I felt my emotions start to turn. "I-um I'm gonna take a shower. I'll see you, boys when I get out." I said.

"Go on and head in. I'll grab you some clothes." Bret said. I nodded. I walked past them and went into the bathroom. I turned on the shower head and felt the temperature. I let one tear escape and I broke down.