~Chapter 51~

Bret's P.O.V

I bring Mel her clothes as she was in the shower and rush to the room to answer her phone. "Hello?" I asked.

"That is not the voice I gave my daughter," Timothy said. I chuckled.

"Ahh, no it's not. What's up?" I asked.

"I have been having a problem standing this morning let alone driving so I'm having Nicole bring me." He said.

"Are you ok?" I asked. It was no point in sugar coating things. He has gotten worse. We had one more week until he was no longer. I know Mel wasn't taking this well but I'm trying to be enough for her at the moment.

I noticed he had grown some feelings for Nicole. I felt like telling him it was a bad idea for him to get close to her but I knew I had no right. It was his life.

"Bret I'm fine. In fact, I've never felt better." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll see you when you get here," I said.

"Alright." He said. He hung up and I sat on the bed.

"How is she really doing?" David asked coming in.

"Honestly? I'm glad you're here. She could use everyone right now." I said. He sighed.

"Have you told her yet?" He asked. I looked up at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Bobby? Bret tell me you've told her?" He said. I looked over at the door to see Creek listening.

"What about him?" He asked. David looked at him.

"Bobby isn't as dead as she thought," I said. He grew angry.

"What!?" He shouted. I shot up.

"Keep your voice down!" I growled.

"Why are you keeping this from her?" He asked.

"Um, I don't know maybe because her father isn't going to be around for much longer and she's got a lot on her plate. I'm going to worry about him. I'll find him before he can do anything and I'll kill him." I said.

"You don't understand. Bobby made it very clear if he couldn't have her no one could." Creek said.

"I married her, didn't I? I got her. Where was he?" I asked?

"All I'm saying is you need to be very careful," Creek said.

"Wait a minute," I said. He looked confused. "She was little when all that went on with him. How do you know what he said?" I asked? He looked at David and then me.

"The week before Mel came here we were at a club. I noticed some guy watching her. She left for the bathroom and he got up to follow her. I pushed him to the wall to threaten him but I noticed he looked familiar. He was Bobby. He fought me off and disappeared. Well as Mel was having the time of her life here I was there trying to hunt him down. I met up with a guy who gave me his address. I made sure he was there and blew the place up. Normally killing people would have hunted me but he deserved it. I made sure he was dead. I saw his body, death report. He was dead." He said. I looked at David.

"Either this guy has a twin or?" He said.

"He doesn't want to die," I said grabbing out my phone. I sent a text to Kevin.

"Daddy!" I heard as little feet were echoing down the hall to my room. Lincoln ran into my arms knocking my phone on the floor but I didn't care. I chuckled.

"Hey, buddy," I said hugging him back.

"Uncle Kevin and uncle Creek got me a puppy." He said. I looked up at Creek. He looked at me.

"Oh did they?" I asked picking him up on my lap. The little boy nodded.

"His name is Buster." He said.

"I thought we talked about asking if you can keep it here?" Creek asked. Lincoln looked at him and then me.

"Mommy's going to say no." He said with a frown.

"Mommy's going to say no about what?" Mel asked walking through the door. A few seconds later Timothy came walking through with a little canine. He barked. Mel's eyes grew wide. "Dad?" She said. He quickly pointed to Creek.

"His name is Buster. Can we keep him, mommy?" Lincoln said jumping down. Mel looked at him.

"Sure buddy," Mel said. She petted little Buster and smiled. "But uncle Creek is going to get you everything for him." She said. Creek chuckled.

"We already did." He said. She looked at him.

"Hey, buddy can you go show little Buster to your room?" She asked. He nodded giving her a hug. She watched him walked away. "I have to reschedule a lunch meeting." She said walking over to me picking up her phone.

"What lunch meeting?" I asked as I grab my phone off the floor. She looked at me.

"A guy named Peter Charleston called last night. He works for the publish-inc company. Wants to talk to me about my book." She said. I smiled.

"That's great, baby girl," I said.

"Yeah but I'm having a dinner party tomorrow and completely forgot." She said.

"Dinner party for what?" I asked.

"Creek and Kevin." She said. I nodded.

"Right," I said. She looks at David.

"You two better go get outfits." She said to him and Creek.

"Right, I'll be by later," David said as they walk out. I grab her hand.

"Are you ok?" I asked. I noticed she wasn't looking at Timothy. She looked up at me.

"Of course. Just got a lot on my mind." She said.

"Tim you left your phone in the car," Nicole said walking in the room. She handed Timothy his phone and looked at Mel. "Hello dear." She said. Mel smiles.

"Hey." She said. Nicole looked at me.

"Hey, Bret." She said. I nod.

"Hey, Nicole," I said. She looks back at Mel.

"Um, Liam is here playing with Lincoln. I hope you don't mind." She said.

"You two are welcomed here anytime." She said. Nicole nods.

"Timothy wanna help me grab the pizzas?" She asked. Timothy nods and follows her out. I grab Mel's hand and she looks at me.

"Baby it's going to be ok. Just relax. I'm sure your dad isn't going to give you bad news." I said. She frowns.

"He has this week left to live. Do you understand what that means? He's going to die soon. Maybe tomorrow or tonight. Who knows?" She said.

"Baby just hear him out before you start freaking out?" I said. She sighs then nods.

"Fine." She said.