~Chapter 28~

When we got to Brett's place Lincon was passed out in the back seat. I looked at him as I turned the car off. I smiled seeing him snuggled up to the bear Brett bought him. "I got him you go in the house and relax. Adam should be in there waiting for you!" He said. I smiled and got out the car. I made my way into the house as Adam walks into me. 

"Oh, Mel, I was just about to call you!" He said. I smiled as I brushed off my pants. 

"Yeah, well he's about to bring my son in here so we're going to the kitchen!" I said walking the way to the kitchen. I heard his heavy footsteps behind me as I walked. I sat down at the table and looked at him. He slid a folder to me and I opened it. 

"You had asked me to look in a Bobby Shinder, this is all that popped up. I guess he found dead a few years ago!" He said. I scanned through the documents. 

"That's impossible I know I saw him outside my work window. Does he have a brother or something?" I asked. 

"No, but get this... A few years after this woman was charged with his murder his bank account had been raided and his house was wiped clean of anything and everything that could point to him. I mean it was his house and not even a single fingerprint was placed!" He I looked at him. 

"Do me a favor and have a guard on my son anywhere and everywhere he goes. Your wife has a son around his age right?" I asked. He nodded. "And he's training for the job right?" I asked. 

"No, he's out of training!" He said. 

"Do you want to put him on the job?" I asked. 

"He is 6. He can handle himself. He knows if it get's too bad to pager me!" He said. I nod. 

"I need someone watching over my studio and place when I am gone and there. If Bobby is alive he's up to something and since he hasn't shown himself it must be big!" I said. He nods. "Hey, Adam can you keep this from Brett? If it isn't Bobby I don't want to worry him!" I said. He looked unsure. 

"Yes, but it's bad to keep something like this from him. What if it is him?" He asked. 

"Then the first thing we do is tell him!" I said. 

"Alright!" He said walking out with the folder. Brett walks in after him and I smile. 

"You wanna tell me what that was about?" He asked. 

"You have your business and I have mine!" I said.