~Chapter 37~

A knock came from the door and I got up to answer it. When I answered it Liem smiled. "Hello, Miss Black!" He said. 

"Hey, Liem. Outside of school call me Mel!" I said with a smiled. 

"My mom is just grabbing a few things and she should be in!" He said as I moved over so he could walk through. 

"That's fine. You may take a seat on the couch if you like. Dinner will be done in 2 minutes!" I said as I looked at a beautiful brown haired lady. She had blue eyes and young skin. She looked about 30 something. I smiled. 

"You must be Melody? Liem's art teacher?" She said. I smiled while stretching out my hand for her to shake. 

"Yes, you can call me Mel!" I said. She connected her hand with mine. 

"Nicole!" She said. 

"Ahh please come in!" I said. We walked into the living room where Lincon and Liem were playing with Legos. 

"Tan you help me buildd a boat?" Lincon asked him. Liem smiled. 

"I would love too!" Lincon smiled. 

"Is that your son?" Nicole asked. I looked at her. 

"Yeah, he's 5 going on 6 next month!" I said.  

"He's so cute. I remember when Liem was that age!" She said. Liem looked at her. 

"Don't start with the embarrassment mama!" He said. She rolled her eyes. 

"Don't worry dear!" She said. I giggled as the front door opened. 

"Daddy!" Lincon said running to Brett. I looked at him. I walked over to the boy who was hugging his father. 

"Alright, buddy go play!" Brett said. I looked at him. 

"Brett glad you can make it!" Dad said. Brett gave him an angered look. 

"Hey, sorry I'm, late princess!" He said. He placed a kiss on my cheek. 

"You left 3 hours ago!" I said. He looked at me. "Is everything ok?" I asked. 

"Yeah, baby I'm fine don't worry about it!" He said. I gave him one last look then turned around to see Nicole and dad talking. I soon walked into the kitchen and took out the stakes. "Why do you seem bad?" Brett asked walking in with me. 

"Because Brett, Lincon was hoping you were gonna help him with something, I could have used help on dinner and I wanted to hang out before our guest arrived!" I said. He walked closer to me wrapping his arms around me. 

"How can I make it up to you?" He asked. 

"Tell me how long you're planning on being gone?" I said. He smiled which weakened me. 

"Of course. I just had to make some last minute decisions!" He said. 

"Oh really? Oh, what?" I asked. 

"You have your business I have mine!" He said. I giggled. He pulled me closer and placed his lips on mine. "I missed you beautiful!" He said. I kissed him back. 

"I missed you more!"