~Chapter 14~

I laid Lincon down for bed and went to the kitchen to pick up but it was done. I then walked into the living to see Brett spread out on the couch. He was playing the ps4. I smiled walking over to the couch just as the match ends. He looks at me and smiles. He sets the controller down and sits up only to pull me on him. 

"Does it bother you when I pull you into my arms?" He asks pushing the hair out of my eyes. I sucked in a breath of air only to let it out. I shook my head and leaned into his touch. 

"Only a little bit!" I whispered. He moved his legs that were under me so I was sitting on the couch. He then moved an inch away but kept his eyes on me. 

"Ok!" He said. I suddenly missed his touch. I brought my hands to my face. I wiped the tears that came out my eyes and stood up. 

"Why does this have to be so difficult?" I asked throwing my hands in the air as tears fell from my eyes. Brett shot straight up. He grabbed my hands and pulled me into his touch to calm me down. 

"Mel, stop!" He said worriedly. "Come on, I hate seeing you like this!" He said. I hugged him. 

"I missed you so much!" I said. I hugged him tighter. 

"I missed you too Mel!" He said. His smell was back and his touch was powering. Everything I've missed for 5 years was back but for some reason, I couldn't take him back. We stayed like that for half an hour until he picked me up, bringing to my room. I was awake but I didn't do or say anything. Once he laid me on my bed, he covered me up with the blankets. "I'll be down the hall!" He said. I shot up. 

"NO!" I said. he turned around to look at me. "Can... can you lay with me?" I asked. He smiled. 

"Normally I would say no since it's not helping you clear your head but I've missed feeling your body pressed against mine!" He said taking off his shoes and climbing on the bed. I cuddle next to him and moaned. He chuckled. "You can't make those noises!" He said. I looked up at him. 

"Sorry!" I whispered. He stared at my face staying nothing for a while. 

"Don't be!" He said. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. 

"Daddy? Are you in here?" I heard Lincon asks. 

"Yeah, buddy, what's up?" Brett asked looking at him. 

"Are you sheeping  on da couch?" Lincon asked. Brett looked down at me and saw I was almost asleep. 

"No buddy, I'm gonna sleep in here with mommy!" Brett said. 

"Can I lay with you too? I had a nightmeer!" Lincon said. I wanted to get up and hug him tightly like I usually do but I wanted to see how Brett was gonna handle this. 

"Yeah, buddy come on my side of the bed and climb up!" Brett said pulling me more on him and moving over a bit. I heard Lincon's little feet walk along my bare floor. Next thing I know a small movement was felt on the bed. Brett pulled the blankets over Lincon and cuddled close to him and me. 

"Doodnight, daddy!" Lincon said. 

"Goodnight, Lincon!" Brett said.