~Chapter 40~

"It was nice meeting you, Nicole." I said. I watch her and Liem walk out the door as dad walks them out. I start washing plates as Brett walks in the kitchen. He walks over to me. 

"Go to bed and I'll wash them." He said. I look at him. 

"No, it's fine, helps get my mind off things." I said. He wraps his arms around my waist. 

"You cooked, beautiful so I do the dishes." He said. I leaned back into his touch. 

"Can we just do them tomorrow? I want to go to bed but I want to cuddle?" I asked.

"Oh, why don't you both go to bed and I'll do them. I'm taking Lincon anyway so don't worry about him." Dad says. I smiled walking over to him. I place a kiss on his cheek. 

"Thanks, dad, I don't know what I would do without you." I said. I watched him look at Brett. 

"No problem cupcake. Now go on." He said. I pick up my phone from the table and walk into my bedroom. I sighed sitting on my bed as Brett walks into the room closing the door. 

"Did he talk to you yet?" Brett asked. I look up at him as I take off my socks. 

"Who?" I asked. 

"Never mind nobody." He said. But I knew it wasn't, even more, when he looked mad at this 'he' person. I stood up and walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. "You are so beautiful." He said. I smiled. 

"Thank you." I giggled. He used his hand to gently push my hair out of my eyes. 

"You know no matter what happens I'll be here? Right by your side? To hold you and calm you down when you're upset? To fill your heart with happiness?" He asked. 

"Of course Brett... Is there something I should know?" I asked. He kissed my forehead. 

"Don't worry princess, everything's going to be ok." He said holding me tight. Why wouldn't it? 

"I love you, Brett." I said. 

"I love you too Mel. Now let's get some sleep." He said. I nodded as I went to walk but he picked me up and walked me to the bed. He set me on the bed and hovered over me for a minute. 

"Are you sure everything is alright?" I asked. He smiled but even that saddened. 

"Yeah, of course." He said. He then came over to my other side and snuggled close to me.