~Chapter 30~

Timothy P.O.V

When Melody was 5!

I was heading back to the city when I got a call from Creek's parents saying my little girl was rushed to the E.R because of blood loss. They said they had just gotten a call from the paramedics themselves a minute ago. Mel was supposedly stabbed 3 times in her stomach. Which made no sense my brother should have been watching her. But showing up to the hospital 40 minutes later to find out he was shot by my old friend. They never got the story out of her before she was brought to the police station for questioning so I had no idea why my little girl was hurt. I was afraid because she was the last thing I had and to lose her and her mother in one year would break me completely. 

I paced back and forth in the waiting room as Creek's parents sat in the corner with 7-year-old Creek. I felt like the worst father of the year. I left my baby girl in the hands of a drunk and she ends up in the E.R. I should have been more responsible. I shouldn't have gotten on that plane when she begged me not to. 

"Sir?" I heard. I looked back to see a man standing there. 

"Yes?" 

"My name is Michel, I'm Melody Black's doctor!" He said. 

"No really? I thought you were someone acting like a doctor!" I said pissed. How can he be stupid? Most doctors expect you to know that there your loved one's doctor. "I'm sorry, I'm a bit on edge!" I said apologizing. 

"It's completely normal. If I were in your shoes I would have burned down a building!" He said. 

"You have any kids?" I asked. 

"Yes, one Brett. I also have a step-son. If any of them were in the hospital I would go crazy. They are my world, I would kill for them!" He said. I nodded. He took a deep breath. "Melody was sent in a coma due to the lack of blood and the amount of blood that rushed back in. We have her on some medications that should either bring her out of it or kill her. Just say the word and I'll cut the drug, but it is literally the only drug holding her on!" He said. 

"How long are we able to get results?" I asked. 

"With the drug up to 2 hours at the most an hour to the least. But without the drug were talking about a day maybe less if her body can pull her out of it!" He said. I nodded. "But like I said this drug is the only thing holding her on!" He said. 

"Ok, keep her on the drug!" I said. Something in his eyes sparked. Like he regretted something he shouldn't have done. 

"Daddy!" I heard. I turned around to see a boy running up to Michel. He grew a smile on his face as he picked up the little boy. He seemed 7 or 8 but he didn't seem to be like the normal kids his age. A boy sat next to him waiting for the boy's father let him go. The boys looked weirdly in shape for there age but I just figured it had something to do with football or something like that. 

"Where's your mother?" Michel asked looking at the boy. 

"Mommy is outside waiting for Ed to park the car!" The boy said.