~Chapter 34~

Melody's P.O.V

I rested my head on the back of the tub as my body soaked in the warm water. My toes danced along the bottom of the tub as my hands played with the foam from the bubble bath soap Brett bought. I listened to the radio that was playing Carrie Underwood Play On. The radio was low so I could relax. I smiled smelling the caramel mocha candles that burned on the counter. "Need some company?" Brett asked walking in the bathroom. I smiled sitting up. 

"Of course!" I said. He stripped out of his clothes and climbed in and sat behind me. I leaned on him as he placed with my arms. 

"Can I ask you something?" He asked. I hummed in response. "How did you lose so much blood that caused you to end up in the ER?" He asked. 

"Promise you won't look at me differently?" I asked scared. I was scared that if dad knew everything that happened that night he too would look at me differently.

"I promise baby. I killed people and you never looked at me differently!" He said. 

"That night, Bobby brought me to my worst. He did his usual raping but he didn't just want to touch me he wanted to feel everything. So he forced me to do things and hit me and stabbed me with a pen every time I refused. He made me feel so worthless. So when he was done I grabbed a knife from the kitchen to hurt him but all he did was, laugh. I wanted him to hurt as much as I did, so the pain would go away. But he just laughed saying I wouldn't do it. He was right. So I turned the knife towards me and he stopped laughing. I guess I had hit a nerve when he tried to rush over to me to stop me. I smiled and laughed as the tears fell from my eyes. I looked him in the eyes and said 'how do you feel knowing that you brought yet another girl over the edge?' he just was blank!"

"He was shaking with fear and I knew he had realized that he was the reason for this. He held up his hands and I flinched. He smiled seeing me scared of him. I knew he was gonna use that against me so I dug the knife in my stomach twisting it then again and again until I felt my blood leave my body and I hit the floor. I was almost out of it when I heard a gunshot. I felt so gone. And even when dad brought me home I hated myself for letting him hurt me. I hated myself for every time my father looked at me and hated himself for what his brother did. I hated myself for never being able to tell him the truth about what his brother did!" I said in tears. 

"I'm sorry, beautiful. I wish I could take your pain away like you took mine but it's not that easy!" He said. I turned to look at him. 

"You did, you gave me so much more and I will forever be grateful!" I said. He brought me in for a kiss and I giggled as he touched my sides.