~Chapter 54~

"Wait, what?" Dean said with his hand towards me. I looked at him. "You want to find the guy who almost killed you?" He asked. I glanced at Bret. He looked hurt. Probably because Bret and Dean are the only ones I told besides Creek. "Are you crazy? What if he actually finishes the job this time?" Dean asked.

"I don't care as long as Lincoln is safe. I don't care what happens to me. He is my only priority." I said. Dean sucked on his teeth for a second then looked at Bret.

"This is why she shouldn't have found out. If she does it's on you." He said.

"Wait you knew he was alive?" I asked. Dean looked at me.

"Yeah, I did. And I choose not to tell you because I knew how crazy you were gonna act." He said.

"Oh, I'm acting crazy? Oh ok, maybe I should just go as if it were like any other day. Like the two guys that want me dead aren't alive." I said.

"Two? Bobby and who else?" He asked.

"Michael," Bret said. Dean looked at him.

"He's still alive?" He asked.

"Now am I crazy?" I asked. He looked at me.

"What's the plan?" He asked. I looked down at my hands as I played with my keys.

"Dean you're not getting involved in this," I said looking up at him.

"Why the hell not?" He asked.

"Because if something happens to me and Bret you are the closest thing Lincoln has to family besides my dad," I said. He looked shocked. He looked at Bret and back at me. "There are only three people I trust with his life that isn't his parents and you make that list. Along with my dad and Creek."

"Mel I'm not just gonna sit around while-."

"Yes, you are. As bad as I hate to admit it Mel's right. Lincoln is pretty close to you and I trust you to protect him if something happens to us. So under strict orders, you are to not go anywhere near this." Bret said.

"But-."

"If I have to keep you in a ceil until this is all over I will," Bret said. Dean looked at him for a moment and then me. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it and walked away. I glanced at Bret. He looked at me. I sighed.

"Ugh, Mel your father is on the phone," Creek said walking up to me handing me his phone.

"Mel, what the hell is going on?" He asked. I looked at Bret and walked towards the doors and walked outside.

"Dad I will explain everything later. Just, please take them out of town." I said. I heard his car door shut.

"I know it must be serious but why have me leave too? I can help." He said.

"No, you're are still weak from the treatments and everything the last thing you need is to be caught up in this. Just please be careful. Use only cash no cards. Put everything under Nicole's name." I said. I heard him sigh.

"I wish you would stop trying to grow up fast." He said. I looked down. "Just answer this, is there a chance I'm gonna lose my only daughter after all this?" He asked. Tears filled my eyes.

"I'm going to be fine dad." I lied.

"Promise me, Mel." He said.

"I promise," I said.

"If there's even a slight chance of me losing you then head home now and get into this car." He said.

"You know I can't do that," I said.

"I didn't take that cure only to lose you." He said.

"You won't lose me, papa," I said. I knew I was lying. I knew by the end of this someones gonna end up dead. "I love you, dad," I said.

"I love you too peanut." He said.

"See you soon," I said.

"See you soon." He said.

"Tell Lincoln I love him," I said.

"I will." He said. I hung up the phone.

"Why lie to him?" Creek asked. I looked at him. "Why tell him you are going to be fine? You and I both know that ain't true. Michael wants you dead and Bobby wants you dead. Why sugar coat it?" He asked.

"Because if I don't then I get scared that I'm never gonna see Lincoln again. That my father took that cure just to lose me. That I finally got happy for once in my life just to have it all washed away. Because I know I'm probably gonna end up dead." I said. He grabbed me in a hug.

"Mel I will do everything in my will power to make sure that doesn't happen." He said.

"Creek you have done so much for me the last thing I want is for you to get caught up in this. Take Kevin and leave town. I want you to be able to make it to your wedding day." I said. He shook his head.

"You know damn well I'm not gonna do that. In the beginning, it was you and me against the world. Now it's you, me, Kevin, Bret, Lincoln and everyone else. They may be dangerous but we've always come out on top. I have faith that we will overcome this just in time for my wedding that we are gonna have. Just not right now." He said. I nodded.

"Ok," I said.

"Go home get some rest. Let Bret start the planning. You are gonna need at the strength you can get." He said.

"No, I'm just gonna see if Sam will let me rest here," I said. He nods. We walk back inside and Sam smiles at me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"A little tired," I said.

"My bed is open to you as long as you need it." He said. I nod. I head down the stairs to his room and lay across the bed.

"Dad I gotta talk to your," Dean said walking in. I look at him. "You're not my dad." He said.

"Nope," I said.

"What are you doing?" He asked. I lay on my back and close my eyes.

"Trying to get some sleep," I said.

"Why didn't you ask me to use my room?" He asked. I open my eyes and sigh.

"Because it would be weird. I just need to sleep." I said closing my eyes once more.

"You know the moment I found out Bret was alive I knew you and I were done. I had fallen in love with you but you weren't mine. I want you to know that I am going to protect you no matter what you or Bret say. I'm not leaving a kid without his mother." He said. I gulped.