Chapter 24: Shop With Me

JUSTIN'S POV:

It's a wonder Ely and I make it to the mall by six, but we do. Even in the hectic mess that is Black Friday, Ely and I manage to avoid separation. Is the commotion just an excuse for me to grip Ely's ass in public? Maybe. Yes. Hell yes. We've hit a couple stores and managed to find gifts for my mom, dad, and sister. Now we're just looking for fun. Any gifts we get for each other, we agreed to get at a different time, so that the surprise won't be spoiled. "Where does my baby girl wanna go, now?"

"Hm... Victoria's?" She suggests.

"Yes," I celebrate, gripping her butt tighter for a moment. She giggles at my excitement. I kiss the crook of her neck. "Oh, I love you," I swoon into her skin.

"As I love you," she replies happily. "Cmon, J, let's go in," she says, pulling my arm in the direction of the store. She and I push through the crowd of shoppers, to sift through the chaos of lacy fabric on the table. While searching, I find a skimpy pair with a hole in the crotch. I know Ely's taste is a bit less... adventurous, but I'm in a playful mood.

"Baby, imagine me fucking you in these," I tease, holding up the lingerie.

"Justin!" She gasps, knocking my it from my hand. I kiss her shortly, causing her to pull away, jokingly rolling her eyes.

"Elysandra?" I voice asks from across the table. Shit. I look up to see Ashley, from high school. She was head cheerleader, one of the only girls that I've slept with more than once. It never meant anything, but being in the same room with her now makes me sick to my stomach, especially with Ely here.

"Hi, Ashley," Ely mutters.

"And Justin? Oh my gosh, are you guys here together? I forgot you were friends," she comments.

"We're actually dating," I add.

"You? You're dating Elysandra Quiñones?" she gapes.

"Yeah, I am. Why are you so shocked?" I challenge. I look over to Ely, clearly uncomfortable.

"Well... she's hardly your type, I mean. She's very... unique looking," Ashley says with a face. "And I've never taken you as the type to officially date anyone, in any case."

"I guess I was just waiting for the right girl," I retort, obviously offending her.

"Aw, that is so cute. Ely, does he still scream my name during sex? He never could help himself," Ashley laughs maliciously.

"The better question is: why are you still thinking about sex with me when I cut things off with you over a year ago. By the way, Ash, since you can't seem to find a man that will claim you, you could probably save some money and just buy a four pack from K-Mart," I advise. Her jaw drops as Ely stifles a laugh. Ashley squints at me, then storms off angrily. I turn to Ely. Hurt is plain on her face. I grab her hand, saying, "El, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. She said it, not you."

"Yeah, but she wouldn't have been able to say it if I hadn't... done it," I admit.

"I wasn't your girlfriend at the time, I can't be mad," she says deadpan.

"You were still my best friend, though, and I should've respected you enough not to have done it with her. I told you this before the accident, but clearly you don't remember. The only reason I acted the way I did in high school was because I didn't have you. You were dating that dick, Tyler, and I never got to see you anymore. I missed you and I had this hole in my life that I was desperate to fill. I thought I could fill it with sex. I didn't realize that you were what was missing until I got you back in my life. I wish I could take back everything that I did during that time, but I can't. All I can do is say I'm sorry and try to make up for it everyday."

"Justin, you don't have to be sorry. I'm not mad at you and I don't blame you. Am I hurt? Yeah. But I'm not mad at you," Ely explains. Hearing the pain in her voice kills me inside. I'm determined to cheer her up.

"What can I do? I hate that you're feeling this way."

"Can we just go eat or something? I'm not really in the mood to shop anymore," Ely mopes, putting back the items she's selected.

"Sure, baby. Anything you want. What are you in the mood to eat?"

"Oatmeal?" She suggests.

"Let's go home, and I'll make you all the oatmeal you like," I offer, hugging her tightly. She smiles and giggles weakly. Guilt settles in my stomach.