Chapter 36: Stay Home With Me

JUSTIN'S POV:

Ely and I made love all night, and with each time it got better and better. Being able to freely explore each other without fear of interruption or boundaries was truly paradise. I don't even remember us falling asleep. It must've been during sex though, because I'm still inside her right now as she sleeps on top of me. I've been laying here admiring her beauty for I don't know how long. I can tell she's exhausted because she's drooling. She only does that when she's truly worn out. I don't blame her. I can't remember the last time she's had a full night's sleep. I grab my phone, curious to see if anything's new when I notice the day. It's Monday. Classes start again. I shake Ely awake.

"Few more minutes, Justin? I promise I'll rock your world," she murmurs, still half asleep. I roll my eyes, shaking her more violently.

"No, babe, you have Econ," I remind her. She shoots up, and I suddenly almost regret doing that. The absence of her sex on mine doesn't feel right.

"Oh my god, I'm late!" She yells, holding her phone up to her face. She scrambles to pull her silky dress over her head while sliding her shoes on at the same time. She waddles toward my door awkwardly. "Ow, ow, ow," she winces. I get up, pull on my underwear, and am still able to catch up with her. We head downstairs. "I need coffee, there's no way I'll make it there without it," she groans, heading into the kitchen. She starts the Keurig before sitting down to tap her fingers impatiently. I look at her, bruises lined down her chest, disappearing under her clothing. Her hair is straight, except for her hairline which is curling up. Dark circles distract from her flawless features. She keeps nearly dozing off at the counter.

"Babe, maybe you should take a sick day," I suggest.

"No, I can't, if I miss too many days, I'll lose points," she argues groggily.

"Yeah, but we're allowed to miss six. Baby, look at you. You're exhausted," I persist. She looks over at the Keurig, which is still heating up.

"I guess you're right. It's not like I have the assignment done anyway," she rationalizes.

"Exactly. Stay home with me. I'll take care of you," I comfort, walking over to her to hug her from behind. She leans into me, resting her body on mine before breathing in deeply.

"I love the smell of you," she murmurs. "You smell like home." Wow, she really is sleepy. I hear the front door swing open. Guess our alone time is over. It was good while it lasted. Hell, it was goddamn amazing. I see her go to turn around and check to make sure the Keurig is still on. It is. It's just slow.

"Thanks for the ride home, bro," Christian says as he enters the kitchen with Ryan.

"No problem, man," Ryan responds.

"Shit! Looks like you two had fun," Christian teases, looking us both up and down, taking in my scars and Ely's bruises. Ryan averts his eyes awkwardly. I feel kinda bad. But then I remember when he exposed Ely to the whole school and the guilt goes away.

"Shh, you're so loud," Ely whines, rubbing her eyes. I look at Christian pleadingly, but he must've mistaken it as apologetically.

"It's fine, Hails is the same way after I wear her out," Christian overshares. Just as I open my mouth to respond, the Keurig beeps. I grab the coffee off of the tray, handing it to El.

"Baby, do you have any creamer?" She asks. I head over to the refrigerator to check, and of course, it's not there. I don't know why it would be, considering none of the guys drink coffee during the season, but I was sorta just hoping it'd be there anyway.

"We don't, but I'll run out and get some," I offer, seeing how she's uncomfortably resting in the counter.

"It's fine, babe. I'll just go to sleep," she mutters, not picking her face up off the linoleum.

"No, I'll get it. You're gonna need it eventually anyway," I insist.

"Okay, baby. Thank you. Hurry back," she mumbles.

"I'll go with you," Christian offers. "I gotta pick up some protein powder."

"Alright, Chris. And El? Please go into the living room? You can't be comfortable," I urge.

"I will, just give me a moment."

"Okay. I'll be right back," I assure, heading upstairs to grab some pants. I love her.