Chapter 72: Damage Control With Me

JUSTIN'S POV:

As I sit on my bed, debating on whether or not to text Ely a fourth time, my door swings open. I don't believe my eyes, but Ely walks in. I immediately stand up from my bed. "Ely! I'm so sorry, baby. I really didn't know -" I start, but she walks right past me to her suitcase. Fuck. She can't be leaving, can she? Not right before Christmas! Not with our baby! Not at all. I rush over to her, grabbing her by her shoulders. "El, babe, what are you doing?" I worry. She cuts her eyes at me, clearly annoyed. Her glare could kill.

"I'm trying to change, so please, let me go," she requests in a clipped tone. I nervously release her shoulders, allowing her to pull my t-shirt off of her body, leaving her body bare. I will myself not to get distracted.

"Um... why?" I ask, afraid of the answer. She rolls her eyes as she slides on a tight pair of workout leggings. As she struggles to get the fabric over her ass, I look to the ceiling to maintain my composure. I almost lose it when she starts jumping to get the leggings on, her body tantalizing as it bounces.

"I'm... going... to yoga... with your mom... if you must know," she says in bursts as she jumps, using gravity to force herself into the leggings. Oh my god, I wish we weren't fighting right now. She sees me staring and rushes to pull on a sports bra.

"Well... can I come?" I attempt, as she pulls her curls into a mess of a ponytail on top of her head. I'm answered with a death glare, telling me the answer is no. As she pulls on a pair of sneakers, I can't help but ask, "Aren't you gonna wear a shirt?"

"No, why?"

"It's just... what if there are guys there?" I worry. After that run-in with Aubrey the other day, I can't be sure what kind of guys would try to benefit from this little rough patch Ely and I are going through. Ely's already gorgeous as hell, having her in compromising yoga poses while wearing sexy workout clothes doesn't exactly make me feel super secure. Only a blind guy wouldn't hit on Ely when she looks like this.

"I'm sure there will be... so, what?" She asks confusedly. I grimace at her, and she discovers my train of thought. "Justin, I'm pregnant with your baby, what the hell?" How would anybody else know that!

"Are you sure it's mine? What about Jaden?" I blurt without thinking, and I immediately want to kick myself for saying the stupidest thing I could ever say. Ely raises her eyebrows at me while simultaneously parting her lips, her expression hurt. "El, I'm sorry, please -" I start as she begins walking off. "Wait, Elysandra -" I'm cut off by the slam of my door. Shit.

I run after her at full speed, almost tripping over my feet down the stairs. I finally reach her at the bottom of the staircase, grabbing her shoulder. "Justin, just leave me the hell alone," she weeps.

"Babe, I'm so sorry, I don't know why I-" I start, before my mother cuts me off. I hadn't even realized she was there, until now.

"Justin, maybe you should give Ely some space," she suggests. Ely wipes her tears away, frustratedly looking upwards. She takes a deep breath.

"Look, Justin... I can't do this right now, okay? Just... just leave me alone, okay?" she asks, her eyes sad. It takes everything in me to let her go, but I do. But not before asking one simple question.

"Promise we'll talk when you get back?" I plead. She nods, her movements small.

"Cmon, El, we're gonna be late," my mom says, looking at me disappointedly out of the corner of her eye. Dammit.

"I love you, baby," I attempt. She looks back, smiling at me weakly. Shit. That is not a good sign. Angry Ely, I can work with. Sad Ely, I can work with. But Withdrawn Ely? That's the Ely that broke up with me the last time, and that's the Ely that'll be impossible to get through to.

When Ely leaves, I have no idea what to do with myself. I don't know what to do, period.