Chapter 48: Sing-a-long With Me

JUSTIN'S POV:

Now that Ely and I are in the downstairs kitchen, I'm pulling the oats out of the cabinet to make her lunch. As I'm pouring them out, I can't help but hear Ely humming from her seat at the island behind me. Sure, she's off key and anyone with ears would say she sounds terrible, but to me, it's the prettiest sound in the world. "Babe, sing louder. I can't hear you," I swoon, stirring in the milk.

"Stop, oh my god. I know I'm awful, I'm just bored," she mopes. I look over my shoulder to see her chin in the palm of her hands.

"Please, baby? I love it," I press. She sighs happily.

"No limit in the sky that I won't fly for ya," she starts, lowly and shyly.

"No amount of tears in my eyes that I won't cry for ya," I join in, so that we sing together. She rolls her eyes smilingly.

"Oh my god, Justin, I can't. You sound so good," she whines, examining the ends of her curls.

"El, there's nothing I'd rather hear than your voice," I flirt.

"Watch me speak my heart when it comes to you!" She belts out, horribly off key.

"Comes to you," I continue, sliding across the kitchen floor and taking her hands in mine as the oatmeal cooks away. She gets up out of her seat and begins dancing wildly. Her movements aren't calculated and graceful like they usually are. They're carefree, fluid, and fun. It's great to see her let her hair down this way.

"Dadana-dadana-dadadadada, dadana-dadana want you to share that," she sings, flipping her hair and dancing with me around the kitchen with my hands in hers. She spins around so that her back is to me, still dancing wildly.

"When it comes to you," I continue, admiring how, even when she's letting go and just having fun, her movements are still so beautiful.

"Cupid ain't a lie, arrow got your name on it," she sings, spinning around to point and wink at me.

"Don't miss out on a love and regret yourself on it, ooooh," I sing, pulling her into my arms. She smiles widely, her dancing never dulling.

"Open up your mind, clear your head. Ain't gotta wake up to an empty bed," she sings, giving me devilish bedroom eyes while shaking her hips.

I enjoy the little show she's putting on for me, continuing, "Share my life, it's yours to keep. Now that I give to you all of me," I sing lowly so that it's almost a whisper. She has no trouble hearing me though; we're dancing so closely.

"When it comes to you..." we sing together, a breath away from kissing, only giving in once we finish the chorus. Our kiss quickly escalates to a make out, only to be interrupted by Christian's impassive commentary.

"What is this, High School Musical 7?" Christian jokes disgustedly. I pull away from Ely's mouth to see Christian, Ryan, and Za standing at the door. Ryan and Za are barely stifling their laughs, while Christian stares at us, nauseated by our affections. They're all sweaty, meaning they were probably playing around on the ice.

"Bro, I think your oatmeal's burning," Za comments laughingly, pointing in the general direction of the stove.

"Shit," I breathe, rushing over to pull the pot off of the flame. I swish it around, observing that most of it is salvageable. I let out a sigh of relief. "It's still good, babe," I tell Ely.

"Okay, baby," she giggles in response, walking over to join me. She wraps her arms around me, hugging me from behind.

"Justin, I must say, you've gone soft, bro," Christian says disappointedly.

"Hey, Christian, look at the bright side. The guy really can sing," Za laughs.

"Yeah, maybe instead of NHL, you should be looking into Broadway," Ryan adds, amusedly. "I bet you'd look really great in tights," he continues, breaking down in laughter by the last word. Christian shakes his head disapprovingly.

"Well, I, for one, think that a guy with rhythm is so sexy," Ely interjects, squeezing me tightly. I smile down at her. "And I know a lot of other girls do, too... including TiTi," Ely adds, smirking at Za. Damn!

"She does?" Za asks, genuinely curious. Ely nods.

"She was just telling me at the club the other night, how she wishes her man would dance with her..." Ely answers.

"Oh, well, uh... could you show me some of that, man?" Za asks me under his breath. I smirk, shaking my head.

"Sorry, bro... too busy with my, uh, Broadway audition," I tease, grabbing Ely by the hand and spinning her. She giggles happily. Who's soft, again?