Chapter 71: Mothering With Me

ELYSANDRA'S POV:

Justin and I were up all night talking about our future with the baby. He thinks it's a boy, but I'm sure it's a girl. I can feel it. Justin and I talked about nursery ideas, education plans, even religious upbringing. I don't recall what our last topic of conversation was before we fell asleep, but now there's absolutely no communication between us at all. We just finished eating cereal for breakfast in the kitchen, but now we're in the living room making out on the couch. It's nothing serious, just lighthearted affection as we giggle, tonguing each other. Justin smiles into the kiss as he runs a hand up my shirt. I struggle to pull away from him to speak, but he just continues the kiss with my neck. "Justin," I giggle, "we should really take this upstairs. What if someone sees us?"

"What? I can't kiss my baby mama?" He teases into my neck, making my stomach flip. Baby mama. He kisses his way back to my mouth, but I pull away again.

"Justin!" I laugh, amused at his ceaseless affection.

"Ahem," a throats clears from the staircase. Of course, it's Mrs. B. My face is hot with embarrassment, but Justin's advances are uninterrupted. I'm not sure whether he didn't hear his mom, or he just doesn't care, but he continues to kiss me anywhere that he can reach, ignoring my halfhearted attempts to stop him. Realizing Justin doesn't plan on stopping, Mrs. B asks, "What's gotten into you two?" Surprisingly, Justin pulls away to answer her, beaming brightly.

"Ely and I are pregnant," he brags. My jaw and my stomach drops ten thousand stories, as does Mrs. B's. I cannot believe he just told his mother. What the fuck. I look at Justin with wide, enraged, disbelieving eyes.

"Justin!" I yell scoldingly, tears stinging my eyes. Mrs. B just blinks, awestruck. I get up from the couch, running angrily upstairs to Justin's room, locking the door behind myself. Inevitably, there's the sound of the door knob turning, followed by a knock at the door in no time.

"Babe, I'm sorry. Please let me in," pleads Justin from the outside. I ignore him angrily, pacing back and forth. "Baby, please? I know you're mad," he continues. His incessant pleading is pissing me off, so I stomp over to the door, yanking it open.

"Leave me the hell alone, Justin!" I whisper yell, breezing past him to the bathroom, locking myself inside. I put my back up against the wall, sliding down it until my butt hits the cold, linoleum floor. Frustratedly, hot tears stream down my face. My breathing gets shallow as I begin to panic. It feels as if the world is ending, as if there's no out. Just as my anxiety builds to what feels like it's peak, there's another knock, this time much softer. I roll my eyes, parting my lips to yell at Justin, but I'm interrupted.

"Ely? It's me, Mrs. B. Can we talk?" her soft voice asks. I sigh, reaching up to turn the door knob, letting her in. She joins me on the floor, closing the door back. "Thank you... Now, I know you probably weren't ready to tell people about... the baby, yet, but I want you to know that I understand." My head shoots up, shocked.

"You do?"

"Yes... I didn't even tell Jeremy that I was pregnant with Justin until... I don't know? A week after I found out? So, I know it takes time to tell people. I assume from Justin's excitement that you're keeping it?" I nod, confirming. "I am so happy for you two," she smiles. "Do I wish you guys waited a little longer? Yes, but... This baby is a blessing, nonetheless." I pull Mrs. B into a hug, squeezing her tightly. "And Justin... he means well. You know, he just loves you so much, he doesn't think sometimes."

"I know, it's just... I wish he'd consider my feelings. God, this is so stressful!" I exhale.

"What time is it?" Mrs. B inquires. I furrow my eyebrows confusedly, checking my phone, which has three unread messages, from Justin of course.

"9:30," I answer.

"Do you wanna go to yoga with me? That always calms me down," Mrs. B invites.

"I'd love to! Thanks, Mrs. B!"

"You can call me Mom, if you want, Ely," she offers. I can't help but smile.

"Okay, thanks... Mom?" I try, giggling. Mrs. B and I begin getting up from the bathroom floor.

"Go get dressed, I'll meet you downstairs in five."