It's time to sweat!

Shin's POV

Monday morning was not like any other day. Half of the student population was over pumped and excited, while the other half was deflated, empty shells of who they used to be.

It's sports week. The week where everyone student of Akademi High school have to show their enthusiasm by dedicating themselves to a week of brutal exercise. I completely understand my classmates unenthusiasm being an inside person myself,but I'm okay with a little sweat. Just a little.

"Good morning comrade! Are you excited for sports week? I sure as hell am!" Budo's excited to get pumped- what a surprise.

"Yeah, but working out isn't really my thing. Demons and literature are more my alley." I answer trying to step around him, but he follows me as I walk away. (I should know by now that I can't escape Budo when he's... being Budo.)

"But demons and literature can't help you in a fight!"

"Believe me, they can." I see Chojo and Daku over by the trees and decide to go talk to them instead. "See you at the meet!" Budo waves.

Chojo looks like a child who's parent came home early, and Daku looks like a parent who's kid flunked out to be an artist. "Shinpai! Did you have a nice weekend?" Chojo asks.

"Yes, because that's so important to anyone at any time." Daku crosses his arms.

"It is to me, you jerk!" Chojo tries to choke Daku but he doesn't seem at all fazed.

"I'm glad you guys aren't affected by sports week fever. I swear, half of the population are either pumped or dead." I sigh. "Which reminds me; did you guys kill anyone?"

They both look at each other nervously, and it's Daku that speaks first. "Well it's not like we can take it back! Tekina's the one who-"

"What? Why are you blaming me? You're the one who dragged me on that stupid date!"

"Guys relax. I just wanted to know. We can't just kill whenever we want. We have to preserve our kills for the right enemy." I explain.

"And who exactly is the right enemy?"

"Anyone who gets in my way." I answer plainly. Daku doesn't get it but I know Chojo does. He gets me.

"I get you Shinpai! You're the boss~" he salutes to me. Daku rolls his eyes, and then notices the crowd of students behind me all staring at one girl.

"Wow, Asu's back from her training! She'll make working out fun for sure!" I hear someone say. Asu? Never heard of her. Maybe Taro has.

Taro~ I can't wait to sweat together!
.
.
.

"Welcome students, to this year's Akademi sports meet. I want to see you all perform you best efforts at-..." the headmaster droned on about the importance of exercise, and I was too busy thinking about stealing one of Taro's sweaty shirt after the meet.

"What are you gonna do first Shin?" Taro asks me, snapping me out of my scheming. "Uh, I'm not sure yet. Maybe run? Or jump? That's exercise, right?" I'm not being cute, I don't know what to do.

"No one's going to want to do anything so long as Headmaster fatass keeps talking." Daku snaps, but he's right. Even the Martial Arts club is bored.

"The excitement sure is low..." I say to Taro who has a far away look in his eye. Maybe he was apart of the half that was excited after all. I wish he could feel excited for this again.

Little did I know, in .33 seconds my wish came true. A bunch of whispers turned into excited cheering when a familiar blonde klutz jumped in front of the headmaster.