Stay away from Shin.

Shin's POV

"So let me get this straight. You want me to kill ANOTHER well admired figure in this school on a hunch that she may like Taro Yamada, or else we have the potential to DIE IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS!?!" By the look of all of those capital letters, Daku does not seem happy with this plan. He doesn't even have a right to judge me- he's killed both of us on a "hunch" that I was a demon!

"Yes Daku, I do. Do you happen to be in love with her too?" He takes a step back from me harsh comment and mumbles a "no". "Then you won't care about what happens to her, right?" Talking is a waste of time when we could be taking action... is something Budo Masuta would say. But it's true, especially knowing that our lives are on the line. My future life with Taro will never be just a dream!

"Th- that's not the point! If we kill her then what will happen to the academy? How will the students feel about all of this death roaming around?" He accusingly points a finger at me. "Don't you think that people will start to connect the dots? Blame someone or something for the recent tragic events? The school is cursed, there's a demon in this school... or a murderer going around and slaying students. And a certain club that researches the dead would be shunned for all of the tragedy."

That... is an astute observation. A very astute observation. Okay it was downright genius, but just because the school piss themselves if more people died doesn't mean we can just give up our lives like this!

"You're right Daku, but it's the only thing we can do. You don't want to give you everything you've ever worked for, don't you?"

"Everything I've ever worked for is for the day I finally kill you, and if I die in the process at least I know you're coming with me!" Yeesh. What a one track mind.

Wait a minute; track. I've got it!

"You've got WHAT? Don't tell me you already have some kind of-"

"Chojo, Daku! I have a plan."

"Of course you do~"

"OF COURSE YOU DO."
.
.
.

The headmaster clears his throat and raises the microphone. "Attention students, the first event in today's Sports Week competition will be the track and field competition. Please send all participants to the front of the starting line." After the announcement, while everyone is still excited about the race, the headmaster wipes beads of sweat off of his forehead, as if he were worried that something bad would happen.

My thoughts are interrupted by two unwanted hands touching my shoulder, one belonging to Budo, and and other belonging to Asu Rito. "Uh... hello... Senpais. Did you need something?" I asked, moving in a way to signal that I want their filthy Taro-less hAnDs OFf mE.

Budo circles around me grinning ear to ear. "Well... if something means "nominating Shin Higaku for the track and field competition", then we definitely need something!" Giving me a thumbs up as if everything's decided, I groan and moan about not being able to decide my own fate of exercise, but Budo and Asu just kick it off as me needing to feel the runner's high, whatever that feels like.

I sigh and tie my stupid headband. But at least I won't be a suspect if I'm in the race...

The racers pump up their butts like some kind of odd yoga move, and I try to copy them to the best of my ability- no luck, I just made myself look like an idiot.

"Hey, Shin Higaku." Hm? I look to my left and right, just noticing Juku Ren and Sho Kunin in better starting positions then I was, so I try to copy their physique and respond simultaneously- it almost works.