I am Taro Yamada.

Shin's POV

The three of us- Chojo, Daku, and I, were standing in a three-person circle in the empty Occult clubroom. I was the leader of the conversation and they were the sheep following the shepherd's words.

"Sh- Shinpai..." Chojo caresses the distracting purple bruise on the side of his face, which could only looks like it hurts to the touch. I may have gone too far with my anger, and I do admit that I shouldn't have hurt him like that, but I know he already forgives me. I'll... make him a fruit basket or something.

"Don't touch your face so much Chojo, you're hurting yourself." I take his hand and drop it to his side. Staring at the hand I had just touched for a while, he picks it back up and continues to pick at the bruise.

"I'll never wash this hand again..." he mumbles along with several thank-yous to me. Do I really have to apologize later? This may be enough for him.

CLAP

"Hey!" Daku slamming his hands together made the both of us turn our attention to him. "Are we going to watch Tekina play patty-cake with his face, or are we going to discuss what the hell you're ordering us to do this time!?!"

I grit my teeth. "If you would just let me finish with Chojo, I'll be fucking glad to tell you what I've got next." I ball my fists. I'm getting sick of Daku's attitude by the day...

"After school today, Taro will be going to a private training with Asu Rito. I need you two to make me look like Taro, and take his place in the training."

... they're looking at each other like I'm crazy. "What's the matter?" I ask.

"Um..." Chojo rubs his arm awkwardly. "How exactly are we supposed to do that?"

I rush to him and grab his shoulders- "Give me a haircut! Drizzle makeup on my face! Do anything to make me look like Taro Yamada, just for today!" I squeeze his shoulders even tighter. "I have one of his spare uniforms- and maybe we can try the deodorant he always wears after gym-"

"SHIN!"

"HIGAKU!"

Chojo slaps his arm off of mine in a very surprising way, crossing his arms. He refuses to look me in the eye, unlike Daku who's staring at me dead on.

"Uh, what's the issue?" What's wrong with them? They didn't bother to hear the rest of the plan.

"What the hell does dressing up like Taro Yamada have to do with our impending doom?"

"It seems like... you're pandering your fetish."

Pandering? Isn't that what fandoms do?

...and WHAT FETISH!?! Are they talking about my completely innocent friendship with Taro Yamada!?!

"What are you two getting at? Can you just listen to my plan rather than judge me prematurely?" I don't know why I'm waving my hands this frantic, but I hope these two would listen...

"I don't care if we automatically- well, semi-automatically designate you our leader, but I refuse to waste my time on useless activities to increase your weird fetish for Taro Yamada!"

"... I just want to..." Chojo mumbles to himself but doesn't finish.

"Well what if I tell you that this has everything to do with our next target?" That peaked Daku's interest. Now all I had to do was explain...

.
.
.

I look at myself in the mirror one more time before decide to take a step to the track and field.

Breathe in. Breathe out. This is how Taro breathes. This is what Taro wears. This is how Taro looks. I am no longer Shin Higaku. I AM Taro Yamada.

And Taro Yamada is going to break poor pathetic Asu's heart with my sub par performance during training. The real Taro would have told her that he wanted to cancel due to the "recent events", but it seems he- I, has made a remarkable rebound. I sure am ready to practice for Sports Week!

I take my first steps as Taro onto the field. I am Taro Yamada. Transform into Taro Yamada!

.
.
.

"Hey, Asu-senpai. I'm here for my training." I smile.

"Uh, what are you doing, Muscles?"

I widen my eyes. "M-m-m-m- muscles?"

Asu doesn't stop stretching. "Why you dressing up like Yamada? Is he trying to weasel out if training?" She laughs. Crap. But I don't understand. I look just like Taro Yamada! What could have given me away!?!

"Sorry, it's not that it wasn't a good disguise and all, it's just, y'know, those dark circles..." she points to my face- no, my eyes.

...
.....
........

I'm an idiot.

"Rito-senpai. Hydration." Huh? Where did Chojo come from? Asu thanks him and takes a large gulp.

Grr... why have I been so off?

"Hey, this water tastes kinda funny..." she mumbles. Could Chojo have poisoned her out in the open?

"I added... vitamins."

"Uh, I'll be going now then..." I slink away into obscurity. Stupid Shin.

.
.
.
I stare at my reflection in the fountain and take in myself and all of my "glory". Dark blue hair, dark eyes, unattractive demeanor. There's no way a guy like me could ever be as beautiful as Taro Yamada.

Something grabs my shoulder! ... Chojo.

"What do you want?" I ask disinterested. He doesn't say anything, but raises up a bottle to me.

"Daku told me that Rito-senpai has been fighting allegations of... cheating." Cheating? I take a closer look at the bottle. There's no question what it is.

"You put steroids in her water?"

He nods his head. "She will not overdose, but she will be in trouble at the surprise drug test the headmaster planned in his files." He scratches his head. "I may have done some snooping..."

"So you and Daku had your own plan, huh?" I cross my arms.

"We were worried your plan wouldn't work. Like the bunny incident..." I hate to admit it, but he has a point. The setup he has for tomorrow is perfect. Who's to say that Asu Rito taking her own life because of her shattered dreams isn't out of place?

I start laughing to myself, making Chojo a little confused. I grab his hand and say nothing, making our way inside to start the Occult club meeting.

Sigh, I can't wait till tomorrow...