Fourteen- Erica

Erica's POV

   "Hey, Michael," I said. "I know something's bothering you. You've been in a hurry all day and you only usually do that it something is wrong. Just know that I am here for you and you can tell me anything. I wanted to ask you when we got back in case you didn't want Kaitlyn or Brendan or Patrick to know."

   "Thank you, Erica. For being such a great sister," Michael said. "But I'm honestly just really stressed about this week. There are only a few more weeks left of the show, and I really want to be in this band. With another double elimination this week, I'm second guessing myself a little as to whether or not I have what it takes to make it."

   My heart dropped when he said that. Michael was honestly amazing every single week and the fact that he didn't know it, was shocking.

   "Michael! You do have what it takes to make the band! I've known that since the first day of the show. You deserve this and you have worked so hard. I know you can do it!" I said. "Don't stress about it, losing confidence in yourself will only make you perform badly."

   "Yeah, I know I can't let it get to my head. And I really am trying. But especially when I've got rehearsals and siblings to entertain, sometimes it's hard to make time for both. That's why of course I promised Patrick today, but I was also rushing to make sure I'd make it to rehearsals," Michael explained.

   "Yeah, I see. It's just that Patrick really enjoys spending time with you, and I know you already know that. But we are also leaving Friday, and I'm sure Patrick really just wants to make the most of the time he has left with you. But I do understand where you're coming from. It is a lot to juggle at the same time. I think it's good that you made time for us this morning before you have to get to work." I said.

   "Thank you, Erica. Thank you for talking to me and understanding. I love you," Michael said and brought me into a hug.

   And that was that. I was happy it wasn't anything too serious that he was worried about. I'm glad I decided to talk to him about it, because I think otherwise he would have bottled up too many emotions and exploded. I think I helped him out, and it felt good, because usually it was the other way around.

   Michael and I just hung out in the room for now, as he had about 30 minutes until he had to leave. I was now getting really excited to see Jay. I hadn't heard from him all day since he had the morning session of rehearsals. He did text me really early this morning while I was still asleep to let me know that he would stop by my hotel room to pick me up around 3pm.

It was nearly 12pm, so Michael had to leave. I texted Molly and Kaitlyn a little, as they both wanted to know details about mine and Jay's "date." I still wasn't sure if it actually was a date, but Molly kept telling me that Jay thinks it is. They wanted to help me get ready, too. So I told them to come to my room at 1:00pm.

I had a little over an hour to relax, so I just watched some Netflix, checked Instagram and Snapchat, the usual. I was currently watching The Fosters, and I watched it with Kaitlyn usually, so I was just browsing through a few other shows.

During my social media session, I yawned. That made me realize how tired I was, thanks to Michael waking me up early. So, I decided to take a nap and set my alarm to wake me up in 30 minutes.

I was awaken in exactly 30 minutes by the beeping of my alarm on my phone. Molly and Kaitlyn should be here any minute. I had no idea why they wanted to help me get ready so badly. I didn't want to wear a full face of makeup or have big ringlets of curls in my hair. After all, we weren't going on a fancy date. We were just planning to explore the city.

The knocks at my door were aggressive to say the least. Geez, Kaitlyn and Molly were really excited I guess. When I opened the door, they brought cases of makeup.

"You have the hair straightener, right?" Kaitlyn asked right off the bat.

"Gee, nice to see you too." I replied, sarcastically.

"Well?" Kaitlyn continued.

I nodded my head yes and and lead them inside. I told them I didn't want too much makeup, and wanted to go for a natural look.

"Alright, let us do our thing," Molly said, handing Kaitlyn an eyeshadow palette.

I sat there for what felt like forever. I was being stabbed in the face by many different makeup tools and brushes and applicators. Luckily, Kaitlyn said they were almost done.

"Put on some lipstick now," Molly said.

"Lipstick? Isn't that a little much?" I asked.

"She can't wear lipstick! What if they kiss? Then it'll be a mess!" Kaitlyn replied.

"I'm sure we won't kiss, but either way, I am not wearing that heavy lipstick. Can't I just wear Chapstick?" I suggested.

They let me just wear Chapstick and I was very thankful of that. I really wanted to see what they had did, but at the same time I didn't. What if it didn't look good? I knew both Kaitlyn and Molly were good at makeup, but what if makeup just wasn't the thing for my face?

After leaving me in suspense, they handed me a mirror. I closed my eyes before looking at my reflection. Oh my god.

x

:)