Thirty Two- Jay

Jay's POV

   I was jolted awake.

   Oh my god. That was all a dream?

   I checked the time, and it was 10:00am. Friday. I quickly opened up my messages app and clicked on her name. I read our conversation out loud to myself.

Erica: Just boarded the plane, will text you when I get off ☺️❤️
Jay: Alright. Have a safe flight. I love you 💘

   No long text from her explaining how her plane was crashing. No long text from her saying how she will always love me. I had never been this relieved to not get a text from Erica.

   I laid back down on my bed, letting out a ginormous sigh of relief. I touched my neck, and it was sweating like crazy. That nightmare felt so real.

   Thank the lord it wasn't real, though. I have never, in my entire life, felt this relieved before. I was so happy. That nightmare made me so appreciative of the present right now. I was so happy that no one was dead. I was so happy that Erica was safe. I was so happy that I didn't actually get shot.

   That nightmare was the absolute worst. It scared me so much. So many people I loved would've gotten hurt. I am beyond happy that I don't have to actually deal with that.

   I double texted Erica, and felt absolutely zero shame in doing so. After that scare, I would definitely be double texting her more often. I just wanted to make sure she was safe.

Jay: Hey, text me as soon as you land, okay? Just making sure you're alright 😊

I knew she couldn't answer right away, but I just wanted to make sure she would know to text me right when she landed. Yes, I was being a bit too overly protective with Erica at the moment but, honestly who wouldn't after having a nightmare like that?

When my mind had to go through that terrible event, it seemed to have tired me down even more than I originally was prior to taking the nap. I went to sleep again, and I wasn't scared or anything. I knew myself, and from previous experiences with nightmares, I never got them one after another. So, it was safe for me to go back to sleep right now.

I woke up, and it was 12:00pm. My mom was still sleeping in the bed next to mine and I looked at her as she was peacefully laying there.

Wait!

12:00pm? That's the time of our flight!

I shook my mom awake.

"Mom! Wake up!" I said. When she opened her eyes, she already knew what was up. She looked at the clock and back at me with a frown.

"We missed our flight, didn't we?" She said, with a chuckle. I guess we got to stay an extra day in sunny Los Angeles. I wasn't complaining. I texted in a group chat with all the boys telling them the good news. They were all excited to get to see me for one extra day. Even if it was just a single day.

Molly: Have a safe flight!
Jay: Hey, sorry Molly. But Mom and I missed our flight. We just woke up a few minutes ago and so we lost track of time. Mom is working on booking another flight for tomorrow. See you soon :)
Molly: Aww, okay. Tell Michael I said hi!
Jay: Okay 😂

We all decided to go to Chance's room. I'm not sure why, but he wanted us all to hang out in his room specifically. When I got there, he opened the door and Brooklyn was there! I was so excited. From what I have seen and heard about Brooklyn, I had always wanted to meet her. She seemed like an absolute perfect angel.

"Jay!" She yelled in her cute baby voice. I cried on the inside about that. It was just so dang cute.

"Hi, Brooklyn! It's nice to finally meet you!" I said, giving her a big hug and picking her up.

She made a 'wheeee' sound when I brought her up to my chest. I'm guessing it was because I'm tall and she got to be up high. It made me laugh, and after she heard me laugh, she started giggling along with me. It was the cutest thing ever.

Everything happens for a reason, and I would be so sad if I went home without meeting Brooklyn. She was honestly the best and cutest little human ever. After Erica, of course. I'm really glad my mom and I slept through our flight, to be completely honest. I was thankful to have an extra day in Los Angeles with the boys, and I was so happy that I finally got the chance to meet Brooklyn. Get it? Chance? Haha.

I took a photo with Brooklyn, because, I mean, who wouldn't? I wanted to get a cute one to post on Instagram. Shawnee, Chance's mom, took the photos for me and I thanked her when she was all finished. I took my phone back and scrolled through the various options of photos to choose from. I got Brooklyn onto my lap and asked her which one she liked. She pointed at one, and it turns out, I actually really liked that one a lot, too. Good job, Brooklyn!

jhypeofficial chance dog ima steal your kid

tagged: chanceperez

wesisthename I'll babysit the both of you
username1 OMG MY TWO FAVORITES
username2 Omg I just died
username4 wow how did Miles get first comment
molly_k_g__ awww so cute
chanceperez she loves you!
username5 😍😍😫
username6 WHY STEAL A KID WHEN YOU CAN BE THE FATHER TO MINE
username7 omg^ but like same...
michaelbmoc I love Brooklyn
michaelbmoc oh, you too Jay
username8 JICHAEL^
username9 will you date me Jay?
username10 FOLLOW ME PLZ

I scrolled through all the cute comments before shutting my phone off. This was going to be the last time I saw all of these guys for a little bit. Time to make the most of the situation and hang out with them. No more phone time. Just me and the boys.

x

DID YOU GUYS LIKE IT? OBVIOUSLY I WASN'T ABOUT TO KILL OFF THE TWO MAIN CHARACTERS!! This book is not coming to an end just yet. Thank you to everyone who stuck by me since I wrote my first chapter. Comment your favorite guest performer on the show. Mine was probably Rita or Sofia Carson. But I also liked when the boys collaborated with Emma in the finale. :)