Forty Five- Erica

Erica's POV

   The week dragged on. It was Thursday now, and I really haven't done anything productive whatsoever. Molly has recently been hanging out with her friends a lot, so she hasn't had time to FaceTime me. Jay, of course, has lots of plans and work to do with his career. That makes it hard for him to find time to FaceTime me, too.

   I was glad it was Thursday, however. Thursday meant that there was going to be another episode of Boy Band tonight. I was really excited to see Michael perform, along with the top 8. They were all going to sing a solo for the last real week of performances. Next week, the band would be revealed and they were going to have a bunch of guest performers come.

   Michael had the song "Can't Hold Us" by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. I felt really bad for him, because he had been updating me on the process of his solo, and it was pretty messy. He wanted to do the song "Billionaire," but the show couldn't clear the song so that there wouldn't be any copyright issues.

   That meant Michael wasted some time working on that song. Not to mention, he wrote about three raps before the producers finalized which one he'd be using in the performance. I couldn't imagine how hard it is for him to memorize the rap part in his solo for tonight. He's not prepared, and I can tell. He's been texting me about how he is stressing over the solo. I can't blame him, I mean, the plans for his performance was all scattered and messy.

   I wished him good luck, and told him to go practice when we were texting earlier. It was now the afternoon and I still had nothing to do. At times like this, I was grateful to have so many siblings.

   I checked my Instagram, and noticed that Patrick was doing a live stream. I enjoyed going live, not so much on my account, but I still liked making appearances in other people's. So, I headed downstairs to physically join Patrick's live.

   "Hey, Patrick!" I said, pretending to not be aware of him on live.

   "Hi Erica! Say hello to the live!" Patrick said.

   I waved hi to the viewers and sat down next to Patrick on the couch. I watched the comments section flood with 'Hi Erica' and 'How's Jay.' I hope Patrick didn't notice the comments about Jay. But, he will honestly see them. Patrick tends to read every single comment on his live streams.

   "How is Jay, Erica?" Patrick asked. There goes all my hopes of him skipping the comment.

   "Umm, I'm not really sure. He's really busy recently," I answered. "He's working really hard on some new stuff for all of you guys!"

   "That sounds cool," Patrick said, going back to reading comments.

   I thought I answered truthfully, while also making sure I didn't seem annoyed or ignored by him in any way. Hopefully no one assumed anything stupid.

   "Erica, this girl says you are very pretty!" Patrick said.

   "Thank you!" I said, looking to see who the comment was from. However, when I tried to see who sent in that nice comment, a not so nice one popped in.

   "Why is Jay even dat-" Patrick stopped himself, noticing what the comment said.

   Why is Jay even dating Erica? She is not pretty...

   "Guys, don't say anything mean, please!" Patrick said, getting a little frantic. He was always really defensive of all his siblings, so it wasn't a surprise that he stood up for me. Patrick is such a great little brother. Most of the time.

   We spent the rest of the live stream interacting with the fans by answering some of their questions. Some people kept mentioning Jay, but Patrick and I just ignored it. A lot of people were asking us about Michael, so it drew attention away from the topic of Jay.