Thirty Seven- Jay

Jay's POV

   It was time to go meet Erica at the airport and pick her up. Molly and I were super excited. But I think I was more excited than she was.

   The whole car ride there, my parents were telling us what the plan was. We were going to hold up a sign that had her name on it, to pretend like we didn't know what she looked like. My parents were always joking around and being funny. It was pretty cool.

   When we got to the airport, we looked on the giant screen that had information on all of the flights and figured out which gate Erica would be coming from. The four of us walked through various gates before finding the right one.

We were about 15 minutes early, if her flight was on time. We just needed to make sure that we weren't late. Molly wanted to hold the "Erica Smith" sign, so she was clutching it close to her chest. I could tell she was very excited. And so was I.

Although it has only been about a week since I've seen Erica in person, it feels like an eternity. I missed seeing her gorgeous face everyday. I missed hearing her unique laugh everyday. I missed being around her positive character everyday. I couldn't wait to finally be with her again.

And I knew what I wanted to do while she was here. I am going to tell her that I love her. I just hope she is able to say it back without hesitation. I know it may be shocking, since we've only been together for a little bit, but I know how I feel. My feelings wouldn't lie to me.

Molly nudged me, and when I looked up, I saw a phone in my face. She wanted to take a selfie and post it to her Instagram story. She didn't have a Snapchat, so this was her most used social media app. She snapped the photo after we posed, and captioned it "Picking up my girl!! :)"

Obviously, Erica wasn't going to stay in my room with me. Our parents would one hundred percent never allow that. Unless we were married. Which isn't happening anytime soon. I'm still fourteen and young. I can't tie the knot right now!

Anyways, Molly had brought in a big air mattress for Erica to sleep on. She was stressing about whether or not Erica would be fine sleeping on it, so she insisted on sleeping on it if she wasn't. It was so funny seeing her getting her room all cleaned up and ready for today. She spent hours fixing everything and making sure it was spotless. I'm sure Erica wouldn't care if it was a little messy here and there. That's why I didn't bother too much with my room.

It was about time for Erica to come out now, since we spotted the plane outside. I watched as more and more people started coming inside to the gate. Due to my previous nightmare, I became worried. What if she didn't make it? I mean, I know others are getting off of the plane and the actual plane itself is here, so obviously there wasn't a crash. But who knows? Something could have happened to only Erica.

Suddenly, a wave of relief fell over my body.

Erica: Hey, just landed! See you soon 😊💙
Jay: Can't wait 🙌🏻

Alright, she was okay. I was so glad. No more stress. Just fix your hair, Jay. I ran my hands through my hair, swooping it more to the side as it had fallen a bit while we were sitting there.

I checked the front camera of my phone to check and make sure I looked okay. I looked fresh. It was all good. I couldn't wait to see Erica.

Just then, I saw her. She stepped out, entering the designated gate that we were at. Molly was holding out the sign, very confidently. Everyone in my family had a huge smile on their face. But me? My jaw was dropped. She was gorgeous. Even more than I had remembered. I didn't even think that it was possible for her to get any better looking. But, she still managed to do so. What an amazing person. Wow.

Erica ran up to all of us, hugging both Molly and I at the same time. She pulled the both of us in. I'm guessing it was so that neither of us would be upset about not being the first hug. Smart thinking, E. She was always so considerate of everyone's feelings.

"I missed you two so much," Erica said. She pulled away and turned towards my parents.

"Hi Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert!" She exclaimed, and hugged them after she was done with Molly and I.

"Oh, please. You know it's Jodi and Jay!" My mom said, taking her in for a big hug. She always liked Erica. So did my dad. It was one big group hug, because Molly and I decided to join in. I remember one of the last times I saw Erica in person was when we were with all of the boys and we had one giant group hug. Just like this one, but with way more people. This was better, though. I felt closer to her.

We all followed my dad, who lead us to the spot where Erica would pick up her suitcase. It came right when we got there, so we were lucky. Erica mentioned to me before that she always worried about her luggage getting stolen or shipped to the wrong location. I offered to take her suitcase, and she accepted the offer with a smile. She looked tired, probably from the long flight. Luckily, I didn't have any strenuous activities planned for today.

I held Erica's hand with my right hand, my left one occupied by her suitcase. I saw Molly take a photo of us out of the corner of my eye. I smiled at her, and she shot back this mischievous look. I knew she was posting it on her Instagram story. She always did that. Candid photos of me were always all over Instagram. Thanks to Molly. But I honestly didn't really care. I looked pretty decent in all of them, and Molly knew not to post any ugly photos of me.

I opened the door for Erica when we got to my dad's car. Of course my parents sat in the front, so Molly, Erica and I sat in the back. Erica sat in the middle in between Molly and me. When she checked her phone, she saw the notification that Molly mentioned her in her story. She opened up the story and saw the photo and immediately started laughing. Her laugh was so contagious and pure that it made everyone else in the car burst out laughing, too. That was definitely one of my favorite things about Erica. But the list went on forever.

x

Surprise! Double update!!! I know this chapter was a little boring, but I still hope you enjoyed reading it. I forgot to thank you guys last update for over 190 votes! We are so close to 200! If you read this far, comment your thoughts on In Real Life's new music video for "Eyes Closed!"