Twenty Seven- Erica

Erica's POV

The tears came. And they came down hard.

What made things even worse, was that Molly was beside me, crying as much as I was. It hurt me to see her like this, but I couldn't stay strong for her. Not for anyone right now. I let all my tears out. I couldn't even listen to what Jay was saying. But I didn't care. I didn't want to hear him say goodbye. He didn't deserve this.

Kaitlyn and Presley were crying too, but definitely not as much as Molly and I were. I mean, the two of us were way closer with Jay than they were. But, of course they felt bad too. I would've cried regardless of who went home. But since it was Jay, I cried way more.

At this point, I couldn't control myself. I kept crying and crying like a baby. Fans saw me and even some took photos. I thought that was such a rude thing to do, but I was way to upset to deal with nonsense like that right now.

They closed up the show with the top 9 on the stage. I could tell Michael was upset, too. I mean, of course he was. Jay is his best friend. Jay and I had become like best friends, too. Except, more than that.

   Michael didn't crack even the slightest smile on stage. He furrowed his eyebrows like always and had a frown. Seeing him like that only made me cry more. I'm a mess.

   Once the show ended, the girls and I rushed backstage. I had to see Jay.

   We searched for Jay throughout the whole backstage area. Why did it have to be so large!? Finally, we found him sitting on one of the couches in the corner where the mini lounge area is.

   I walked towards him, slowly, in case he was still trying to cope from what had happened. Much to my surprise, his face and eyes were completely dry. No sign of any tears.

   He saw me, and motioned for me to sit next to him. I walked over and sat next to him. He noticed that there were still tears remaining on my face, and wiped them away with his thumb.

   "Are you alright?" He asked me. It felt weird. Shouldn't I be the one asking him that? I mean, I wasn't actually the one who just got voted off of a show I had been working extremely hard on.

   "Kind of, it just hurts to see you go," I said.

   "Shouldn't I be crying, too then? You're leaving me tomorrow," Jay said. That didn't make anything better. Now it just made me realize how what he said was true. It only gave me a second reason to cry. I choked up once more and cried even harder.

   "Sorry, probably didn't help," Jay said, scratching his eyebrow. You could tell he was unsure of what to do with a crying girl right next to him. He kind of awkwardly patted my back in hopes to calm me down.

   "It's okay. Aren't you upset?" I asked, hopefully it wasn't too much of a weird question to ask in the moment.

   "Not really, actually," Jay said. "I'm upset that I didn't make it further, yes, but I'm still proud of myself. I thought that performance was one of my best, and so I'm actually glad I went out with that."

   "You did amazing, Jay!" I said, calming down a little now.

   "Thanks," Jay replied. "I just hope I didn't let anyone down by getting eliminated tonight."

   "Hey, don't ever think that. The only thing you've done is make everyone so extremely proud of you. We all love you and will continue to support you. If any fans are being rude about you leaving the competition, then they aren't your true fans," I said.

   "Yeah. Thanks so much Erica," Jay said. "You've been amazing to me since the start."

   Then he leaned in. Our second kiss? Already? I felt like we just had our first one yesterday. But, obviously, I wasn't about to reject him. Who would ever do that? Especially if it was Jay.

   Our lips met, and sparks flew around us.

   Wait.

   Aren't there other people around us? Like the whole cast and crew?

   I pulled away a little abruptly and looked to see everyone staring at us. Michael had a smirk on his face.

   Jay noticed everyone, too, and started laughing. Right after, everyone else began to crack up with him. See! This is the kind of effect Jay has on people. Another reason to prove why he is an absolute amazing human being.

I got up and went back over to where Presley, Molly, and Kaitlyn were standing. I'm sure everyone wanted to have their turn with Jay right now.

"Are you okay now?" I asked Molly. I knew this was really hard on her.

"Yeah. I eavesdropped and heard your conversation, so I feel less sad about him getting eliminated now," Molly said.

I pulled her in for a hug and Presley and Kaitlyn decided to join in and make it a group hug. Pretty soon, the other boys noticed and joined in. Devin, Chance, Michael, Jay, Marcus, Mikey and Brady all wrapped their arms around us. The rest of the guys followed along and did the same. Wow. So much love in this show. Everyone was so supportive of everyone.

"I can't breathe!" Molly laughed. She was in the very center of everyone. That was everybody's cue to break apart and we all started laughing again.

All the boys were called into a room to get their groups for next week's performances and pick their names. Afterwards, they were headed to go do some interviews. It all seemed really fun. I wish I could do it, too.

Jay and Andrew Bloom unfortunately had to leave early and go back to the hotel to pack and get ready to leave tomorrow. Molly went with Jay and her parents, so that just left Presley, Kaitlyn and me.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Presley asked.

I nodded. I was fine now, because as long as it didn't make Jay upset, it didn't make me upset. If I was all sad about it, then I'm sure it would make him feel worse about it.

Presley, Kaitlyn, and I decided to go back to the hotel because we didn't want to wait backstage. But we were all going to hang out in Chance's room, and he was going to bring all the guys up when they're finished with everything. I also made sure it was okay to invite Molly and Jay, and, of course, Chance said it was alright.

I was looking forward to hanging out with everyone, and I hoped everything would be fun.

x

I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated in a couple of days. I have been super busy with school, soccer, and school events. I don't want to make excuses but I was working on this chapter throughout the weekend, I just never had the chance to finish it up. Luckily, I made this a longer chapter than usual to hopefully make up for it. I hope you guys will continue to read and I promise I will try and update daily like I used to. :)