Thirty Five- Jay & Erica

Jay's POV

As the FaceTime rang, I grew more and more excited. I got home earlier, and now I had some news for Erica. Molly was right next to me, feeling just as excited as I was. We just hoped that Erica would answer, so that she could be excited, too.

Luckily, she picked up after two rings. She looked tired, but right now, sleep didn't matter. She just had to hear this.

"I was just about to go to bed," Erica said. "Oh, hey Molly!"

"Wow I love you too," I said, causing both Erica and Molly to laugh.

"Hi, Jay," she said with a giggle.

"We have some news," Molly blurted out.

"Jeez, I thought we were going to casually bring it up, Molly!" I scolded.

"I couldn't help it. I can't wait to tell her," Molly said.

"Tell me what?" Erica asked.

   Molly and I looked at each other, and she nodded at me to say that I should tell her.

   "Well, so you know how the finale is in a few weeks and that would be the soonest time we could see each other again?" I began.

   "Yeah, don't remind me. It's so far away!" Erica said.

   "What if I told you we could see each other sooner?" I said, raising my eyebrows.

   "That would be cool, but how?" Erica asked us.

   "Erica, what day is it?" Molly asked.

   "Sunday?" She said, but it came out more as a question than an answer.

   "Do you have any plans tomorrow?" Molly continued. Wow, so much for letting me tell her.

   "No, why?" Erica looked really confused. Molly and I were being really weird to be completely honest.

   "Well... It's just that our family talked about it," I said. "And my parents want you to come stay with us for a week! We bought you a plane ticket for tomorrow at 11:00am, and we already asked your parents. They are totally fine with it!"

   "Oh. My. God. Are you serious?" Erica said, her face lighting up instantly.

   "I take that as a yes?" I asked.

   "YES!" Erica shouted, her voice loud and piercing through the speaker of my phone.

   "YAY!!" Molly replied, with equivalent loudness, popping my right eardrum.

   "Yay! I'm so glad you can come!" I said.

   "Ahh I'm so excited!" Erica said. "Oh my gosh wait! I have to pack now! You guys told me so last minute." She laughed.

   "Alright, we will leave you to go pack now," Molly said, and the both of us waved bye to her before ending the call.

Erica's POV

   I was so so so excited to stay with the Gilberts! I love their entire family to pieces and I knew it was going to be so much fun. The only downfall was that I had to pack really quickly, otherwise, I wouldn't have time to get enough sleep tonight. I definitely did not want to have a cranky attitude when I went to see them.

   On the bright side, my suitcase was conveniently still located in my room. I opened my closet door and began planning out outfits. In addition, I grabbed plenty of sleep wear/ comfy clothes. My clothes that I had washed yesterday were all clean, so I took some of those and packed them. I added in some of my other favorite clothing pieces so that I would have lots of choices. I didn't necessarily need to worry too much about clothes, because although Molly is younger than me, we were about the same size. She would definitely let me borrow anything of hers.

   Early tomorrow morning, I planned to get ready so that I could pack up my toiletries and makeup bags. If I packed it now, I would have to take it out again in the morning to use. But, I had two hair brushes, so I added one into my suitcase right now.

   I was finally finished with packing, so I left my room to say goodnight to my dad and siblings before returning to get some sleep. I checked my phone one last time when I sat myself in bed.

Jay: Good night, Erica :) See you soon!!

  I quickly texted back a short message in reply before shutting off my phone and plugging it in to hopefully charge up to 100% by tomorrow. I was completely exhausted by now, and was definitely ready to fall asleep. At the same time, I feel so excited for tomorrow that I think I may not fall asleep too easily.

Around fifteen minutes went by, and I finally fell asleep. I dreamt of Jay and getting to see him and his family tomorrow. Even though I was asleep, I still felt myself growing more and more excited for tomorrow to come. I couldn't wait to see Jay. And Molly. And Mama and Papa Hype. Their whole family was like my second family.

For once in my entire lifetime, I couldn't wait to wake up the next morning.

x

Shorter chapter than my last few updates, but this one was actually eventful. Hope you enjoyed :)