Forty Two- Erica

Erica's POV

Along with all the time I've spent here, the last two days were amazing. Molly and Jay have taken me to many cool places. I went on the rollercoaster at the hotel called New York, New York and we also did some other fun things on the strip. There was never a time where we were bored or didn't know what to do.

   I've also gotten the chance to eat so many new delicious dishes. Yesterday, the Gilberts even took me to a buffet at one of the hotels on the Vegas strip. It was so yummy and I felt very fat after everything. But I still don't regret eating a ton.

   Overall, the stay here has been so much fun. Jay told me yesterday that he wanted to tell me something today. I was a little worried about it, because the unknown scared me sometimes. It could really be anything. Good or bad, it worried me. What if he didn't want to be a "thing" with me anymore? I still didn't know if we had the title of boyfriend and girlfriend.

   I woke up today before Molly. Jay told me to meet him in front of the house at 8:00am, so I had set my phone's alarm for 7:00 and put my earbuds in so that it wouldn't wake Molly.

   I got up, got dressed, and put on a thin coat of mascara. I didn't care too much, since it was just Jay. I knew that he really liked me for me and wouldn't care if I looked tired, since I did notice the bags under my eyes. Guess I've been staying up too late thinking about Jay... Who could blame me? Who wouldn't get distracted by Jay Gilbert?

I walked downstairs, noticing Jay's door was still closed on the way. Had he forgotten about meeting me? Must have not been important then. Regardless of whether he was still sleeping or not, I continued out the door, opening it quietly and slowly so that I wouldn't wake anyone up. Much to my surprise, Jay was outside. Ah, he probably just closed his door so that his parents would assume he was still sleeping. I mean, that trick worked on me.

"Hey, I was beginning to think you were going to leave me hanging," Jay said, with a chuckle. His chuckles gave me life, honestly. They were so cute and full of happiness, you could tell how cheerful he was feeling if he chuckled.

"I saw your door closed on the way out, so I thought you were still asleep," I responded. "So I guess that makes us even!"

He laughed. "Follow me."

I followed him, and he held my hand as we walked. I liked holding his hand. They were always nice and warm and it was as if they fit perfectly in mine.

We stopped at this large tree, a couple houses down from Jay's. He took both of my hands in his and held them for a second without speaking. We just stared at each other for a little while. It was nice, but I still felt anxious about what he needed to talk to me about.

After moments of silence, gazing into the eyes of one another, Jay finally broke the silence.

"I wanted to tell you something," He said. I nodded, to signal him to continue.

"Erica, I love you. Will you be my girlfriend?" Jay said. I couldn't believe my own ears. Did I hear him correctly? Wow. I was so shocked. I couldn't move. I froze. I felt myself blushing yet again. I couldn't help but smile this gigantic smile like an absolute maniac.

"Yes of course!" I said, feeling so happy.

"Thank god," Jay said. "I was worried you would say no."

"Why would I ever say no?" I said.

"I don't know, I mean..." Jay said. "I'm a pretty cool guy so I really don't know why you'd ever say no... Just kidding."

"Wow, very modest!" I said.

We stood there smiling at each other again.

"Oh! And, Jay?" I asked.